Paula Abdul Returns As Reality Dance JudgeJanuary 6th, 2011 - 8:13 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Paula Abdul, the famous face of ‘American Idol’, who quit citing reasons of differences with producers of the dance reality television show, has made a return to American TV with a bang. According to reports in the media, ‘Live To Dance’, the dance program with which Paula Abdul made a comeback on American television, has earned the maximum number of TRPs among other similar shows broadcast on the same day. The premiere episode of ‘Live To dance’ was showcased this Tuesday. In a statement to the media, a representative of CBS, the television partner of ‘Live To Dance’ has announced that the first episode of the show generated an eyeball count of 10.2 million, which is a record in itself, and which was possible only because of the presence of Paula Abdul on the show.
Paula Abdul was last seen on the ‘American Idol’ platform, where she served as sitting judge for a period of eight years before finally calling it quits in the mid 2009 with reports claiming that the show’s authorities had mismanaged her contract with them. Her fans and viewers in general missed Paula Abdul on ‘American Idol’ and therefore ‘Live To Dance’ is expected to generate increasing TRPs over the months.
‘Live To Dance’ features performances by contestants from an age group ranging between 9 to 83! The winner in the competition will take home an amount of $500,000. While Paula Abdul did a good job as judge in the first episode of ‘Live To Dance’, what her fans missed the most is her flamboyant style of talking. Viewers are still waiting for the return of the extrovert Paula Abdul on television.
- Paula Abdul Cannot Return to Idol Under 'CBS' Contract - Aug 06, 2010
- 'Live To Dance' January 19 Episode Wows Viewers - Jan 20, 2011
- Paula Abdul Dance Show Premieres On CBS - Jan 05, 2011
- Paula Abdul thinks that Simon Cowell is obsessed with her - Feb 09, 2011
- Paula Abdul To Don Multiple Hats For CBS Reality Show! - May 27, 2010
- Paula Abdul To Judge A CBS Dance Show - May 25, 2010
- Paula Abdul Speaks On Various Issues On "CBS Sunday Morning" - Jan 03, 2011
- 'Live to Dance' winners are D'Angelo Amanda - Feb 11, 2011
- Paula Abdul To Make A Comeback on "American Idol"? Doesn't Seem So - Aug 06, 2010
- Nigel Lythgoe Comes Back To 'American Idol' Seeking The Return Of Paula Abdul - Aug 06, 2010
- I've never been drunk in my life, says Paula Abdul - Jan 03, 2011
- "Solid Gold" Dancers Leave Paula Abdul Sentimental - Jan 05, 2011
- "Live To Dance" Contestant Falters On Stage - Jan 05, 2011
- Who Will Win "American Idol" 2010? Judges Are Still In Doubt - May 26, 2010
- Paula Abdul to make TV comeback with reality show 'Live to Dance' - Dec 25, 2010
Tags: age group, american idol, american television, american tv, authorities, cbs, dance program, extrovert, eyeball, famous face, features performances, flamboyant style, good job, maximum number, paula abdul, premiere episode, presence, producers, reality television show, trps