Paula Abdul may judge ‘So You Think You Can Dance’August 10th, 2009 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, August 10 (ANI): Paula Abdul may appear as judge in the talent show ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ after her exit from ‘American Idol’.
She reportedly met Nigel Lythgoe, the producer of the dance show, recently.
The maker has apparently suggested that there was “no question” he wanted to sign Abdul, the BBC reports.
He told trade paper Variety that he knew of nobody else with her “experience of being a dancer, of being a choreographer and of being a judge.”
However, Nigel, best known in the UK from the Pop Stars TV series, is not guarantying a deal until American Idol kicks off without Abdul.
He said: “Until Idol goes on the air, there’s always an opportunity for negotiation.”
He added: “I don’t think it’s a publicity stunt.”
Paula began her pop career in 1989, and has global hits like ‘Straight Up’ and ‘Opposites Attract’ to her credit.
She has also choreographed for Janet and Michael Jackson. (ANI)
- Nigel Lythgoe Comes Back To 'American Idol' Seeking The Return Of Paula Abdul - Aug 06, 2010
- Paula Abdul Cannot Return to Idol Under 'CBS' Contract - Aug 06, 2010
- New options open up for Paula Abdul - Aug 07, 2009
- Paula Abdul offered to judge 'So You Think You Can Dance' contestants - Jul 24, 2009
- Lopez threw no diva tantrums: 'American Idol' producer - Aug 15, 2010
- Gaga to guest judge dance show - Jul 05, 2011
- "Live To Dance" Judges Set To Start A Hunt For New Dancing Sensations - Jan 05, 2011
- Paula Abdul To Judge A CBS Dance Show - May 25, 2010
- Paula Abdul To Make A Comeback on "American Idol"? Doesn't Seem So - Aug 06, 2010
- Ellen DeGeneres Gets Praises On "So You Think You Can Dance" Finale - Aug 14, 2010
- Holmes cancels red carpet appearance - Jul 29, 2012
- "Solid Gold" Dancers Leave Paula Abdul Sentimental - Jan 05, 2011
- ABC to Paula Abdul: Save dance for us - Aug 10, 2009
- Nigel Lythgoe Returns As 'American Idol' Executive Producer - Aug 06, 2010
- Paula Abdul Dance Show Premieres On CBS - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: american idol, ani paula, august 10, bbc, bbc reports, choreographer, dancer, global hits, michael jackson, negotiation, Nigel Lythgoe, paper variety, paula abdul, pop career, pop stars, publicity stunt, so you think you can dance, stars tv, talent show, tv series