Paula Abdul denies criticising new American Idol judgeFebruary 27th, 2009 - 5:55 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 27 (ANI): American pop singer Paula Abdul has denied that she criticised co-judge Kara DioGuardi, who has newly joined American Idol.
The 46-year-old was reacting to recent reports suggesting that she did not think that the show worked well with four judges.
In her reply, DioGuardi said that she was hurt by the criticism.
Abdul has now said that she was not referring to only one person, and that her comment has been misconstrued.
It is unfortunate that a quote of mine was taken completely out of context today, Usmagazine.com quoted her as saying.
I was actually referring specifically to the use of ”guest judges” in seasons past, not Kara or this season. I am thrilled to have her by my side each week on American Idol, she added. (ANI)
- J.Lo set to become 'American Idol' judge - Sep 14, 2010
- Ellen DeGeneres to leave 'American Idol' - Jul 30, 2010
- Paula Abdul wishes Ellen DeGeneres "best of luck" - Sep 11, 2009
- American Idol Judge's Panel to be released Wednesday - Sep 20, 2010
- "American Idol" Premieres Tonight With New Judges - Jan 19, 2011
- Kara DioGuardi's memoir tells all - Apr 27, 2011
- "American Idol" Sacks Kara DioGuardi? - Jul 31, 2010
- Will Kara judge 'American Idol' Season 10? - Aug 26, 2010
- Queen Latifah has no plans to grab Paula Abdul's 'American Idol' job - Aug 28, 2009
- Mary J. Blige denies she'll replace Paula Abdul in 'American Idol' - Sep 07, 2009
- Kara DioGuardi's sleep eating disorder made her raid Paula Abdul's fridge! - Oct 15, 2009
- Kara DioGuardi and American Idol break up - Sep 04, 2010
- Kara DioGuardi to judge reality show 'Going Platinum' on Bravo - Oct 28, 2010
- Lady Gaga says no to judging 'American Idol' - Sep 14, 2009
- Ellen DeGeneres To Become "American Idol" Judge - Sep 10, 2009