Paula Abdul Cannot Return to Idol Under ‘CBS’ ContractAugust 6th, 2010 - 9:31 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Although Nigel Lythgoe was all for bringing Paula Abdul back to ‘American Idol’ and Idol fans everywhere were hoping for a return of the tender hearted judge, a contract which Abdul signed with ‘CBS’ recently bans her from that possibility.
A source who is familiar with the new contract which Abdul signed with CBS shared with ‘E!Online’ that Paula is not allowed to appear on any competition shows on any network other than CBS, neither cable nor broadcast television, and at this time she is only appearing on CBS’s ‘Got To Dance’.
The seven figure deal was signed by Abdul back in the spring, and it was then announced that she would be a judge, and executive producer of the American version of ‘Got To Dance’ from the UK.
“Paula has a better chance at winning American Idol than she does at returning as a judge. If Paula did Idol she would get sued big-time by Viacom,” the source stated. “She’s locked in exclusively with CBS.”
It was also stated that Paula’s contract with CBS is for about five years, and the only way she can appear on ‘Idol’ is for CBS to resend that deal.
Lythgoe stated that he knows that Abdul is unavailable. “I love Paula,” Lythgoe explained. “Paula is under contract to another company so she is unavailable.”
- Paula Abdul To Make A Comeback on "American Idol"? Doesn't Seem So - Aug 06, 2010
- Nigel Lythgoe Comes Back To 'American Idol' Seeking The Return Of Paula Abdul - Aug 06, 2010
- Lopez threw no diva tantrums: 'American Idol' producer - Aug 15, 2010
- Paula Abdul Returns As Reality Dance Judge - Jan 06, 2011
- Paula Abdul Dance Show Premieres On CBS - Jan 05, 2011
- Paula Abdul To Don Multiple Hats For CBS Reality Show! - May 27, 2010
- Paula Abdul To Judge A CBS Dance Show - May 25, 2010
- Paula Abdul may judge 'So You Think You Can Dance' - Aug 10, 2009
- Paula Abdul offered to judge 'So You Think You Can Dance' contestants - Jul 24, 2009
- Jennifer Lopez to return as judge on American Idol - Aug 11, 2011
- Holmes cancels red carpet appearance - Jul 29, 2012
- I've never been drunk in my life, says Paula Abdul - Jan 03, 2011
- American Idol producer wants Paula Abdul back on the show - Aug 06, 2010
- New options open up for Paula Abdul - Aug 07, 2009
- Actor Charlie Sheen is 'up for American Idol' - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,