Paul Weller’s mid-life crisisApril 2nd, 2012 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 2 (IANS) Singer Paul Weller says he experienced mid-life crisis in his 30s, but clarifies that his latest single, “That Dangerous Age”, is not about him.
“‘That Dangerous Age’ is a character study about a guy who’s in mid-life, who’s got a good job, is dissatisfied and regrets all the things he’s never done. But it’s certainly not about me. I had my mid-life crisis when I was in my thirties,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 53-year-old singer as saying.
“I suppose the song’s theme is born out of when me and Hannah (his wife) first got together. Because of our age difference, people really took an interest in it, saying I must be having a mid-life crisis. But we just fell in love and that’s it,” he said.
Paul doesn’t think about his age and said: “I’m of the opinion, once you’ve been touched by music then age doesn’t matter. What are you supposed to do, put away your records and clothes when you get to a certain age? My mum is 71 and she still listens to the records she’s always listened to.”
- Don't insult Indian audience's intelligence: Nikhil Dwivedi (Movie Snippets) - Apr 18, 2012
- Cyrus' teenage heartbreak - May 18, 2012
- Stallone at 50 was depressed over failing film career - Aug 03, 2010
- When Sylvester Stallone plunged into depression - Aug 03, 2010
- Enrique Iglesias says his career is going full blast - Aug 27, 2012
- 'Trainspotting' sequel will happen: Danny Boyle - Dec 07, 2010
- For Harshdeep, lyrics are backbone of a song (With Image) - May 15, 2012
- I am far removed from worldly matters: Lata - Sep 29, 2011
- Why 'men like blonde bombshells' and 'most suicide bombers are Muslim' - Dec 01, 2010
- I want to be Miley's friend, says dad Billy Ray - Mar 24, 2011
- Hugh Grant faces midlife crisis - Feb 19, 2012
- Billy Ray worried about Miley Cyrus - Feb 16, 2011
- I don't care about jury: Pritam - Jan 28, 2011
- Ricky welcomes criticism from friends - Aug 04, 2011
- I'd love to come to India again: Jon Bon Jovi (Interview) - Dec 24, 2010