Paul Smith designs stamps for London Olympics (With Image)January 17th, 2012 - 3:27 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 17 (IANS) British designer Paul Smith is designing exclusive stamps for the London Olympics.
The Olympic Games, officially known as the Games of the XXX Olympiad or London 2012 Olympic Games, are scheduled to take place here from July 27 to Aug 12, said a press statement.
Smith has designed a prestigious collection of seven stamps and said in a statement: “It’s a real honour to be asked to design these stamps. I’ve tried to make them positive and colourful with a strong graphic style of design.”
The 65-year-old was asked to participate in this project by the Isle of Man Post Office.
- Seven teenagers light London Olympics cauldron - Jul 28, 2012
- London Olympic tickets unveiled - May 22, 2012
- Bhupathi, Bopanna disappointed - Jun 15, 2012
- London showpiece set to be unveiled with classy display - Jul 27, 2012
- Indian touch to Olympic arts in London (With Image) - Jul 19, 2012
- Chic outfits in bold avtars to dominate 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Preparation of national teams for London Olympics gets under way - Mar 16, 2011
- London Games opening ceremony kicks-off at 9 p.m. - Jul 26, 2012
- 12-week-long festival to herald in London Olympics - Jun 21, 2012
- Paul McCartney paid £1 for Olympics performance - Jul 31, 2012
- Indian fashion in a great moment: Spanish designer (With Images) - Jan 08, 2012
- Amitabh to carry Olympic torch - Jul 26, 2012
- London Olympics uniforms unveiled - Nov 23, 2011
- Stella McCartney designs 2012 Olympics gear - Sep 22, 2010
- British athletes' fathers feature as torch bearers - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: 2012 olympic games, graphic style, honour, isle of man, london 2012 olympic games, london jan, london olympics, man post office, olympiad, olympic games, olympics, paul smith, prestigious collection, stamps