Paul Rudd Hosts “Saturday Night Live”, Paul McCartney PerformsDecember 12th, 2010 - 4:34 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Much anticipated “Saturday Night Live” was aired on NBC where legendary “The Beatles” songwriter Paul McCartney graced the show. Actor Paul Rudd was the host of the show where the duo spoke about the ex-Beatles man’s life, his relationship with John Lennon and many other things. The show managed to pull in lot of audience as it dealt with the veteran singer John Lennon’s stories. The highly-acclaimed musician, in one of his previous interviews said that he reconciled with the late Beatles’ member before his murder.
The media outlets report that after fifteen years Paul McCartney returned as “Saturday Night Live” as a musical guest. The legendary singer performed “Give Peace A Chance” on the show which kept the host and the audience riveted to their seats. He started the night with his wonderful compositions from “Wings” and then he wowed the audience with “The Beatles” classic “A Day In The Life”. Paul McCartney paid a tribute to his former band-mate John Lennon by singing his vocals and that of the latter’s vocals as well. When the singer performed the popular song ” Give Peace A Chance”, the audience also sang along with the band.
Host Paul Rudd was all in praises for Paul McCartney and at last the singer performed “Get Back” for his audience. Paul Rudd managed to tickle the funny bones of his audience when his opening monologue was based on the similarity of his name with Paul McCartney. Moreover, last night’s show had many other hilarious sketches which gave the audience a good laugh. There were many other parodies and Wikileaks founder Julian Assange’s sketch gained the most attention.
- When tipsy John Lennon played Beatles gig in his underwear - Jun 18, 2010
- Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney get standing ovation at the Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2012
- Fans go mad for Macca's first Brazilian gig in 18 years - Nov 09, 2010
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- Paul McCartney Enthralls The Audience At The David Letterman Show - Jul 16, 2009
- Paul McCartney's White House Performance Aired On PBS - Jul 29, 2010
- Barack Obama to honour Sir Paul McCartney at White House - May 25, 2010
- Casey James Mesmerizes Audience With "Jealous Guy" - Apr 07, 2010
- Paul McCartney going to give a performance in Utah - May 21, 2010
- Paul McCartney paid £1 for Olympics performance - Jul 31, 2012
- Thirty years on, he's still the real Nowhere Man (Tribute) (Dec 8 is John Lennon's death anniversary) - Dec 07, 2010
- Macca doesn't drink water on stage - Aug 23, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor, Johnny Carson were also on my hit list: Lennon killer - Sep 17, 2010
- Ono credits McCartney for saving her marriage - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: band mate, beatles classic, fifteen years, funny bones, gina gomez, hilarious sketches, john lennon, julian assange, legendary singer, mate john, media outlets, opening monologue, parodies, paul mccartney, paul rudd, popular song, praises, saturday night live, songwriter paul, veteran singer