Paul McCartney struggles with modern fameMarch 7th, 2012 - 8:38 am ICT by IANS
London, March 7 (IANS) Former Beatle Paul McCartney says he is struggling to cope with fame in the digital age.
The 69-year-old has spent most of his life in the spotlight. But McCartney, who married third wife Nancy Shevell last year, reveals the boom in modern technology makes it much harder for him to go unrecognised.
“It’s never been as hard as it is nowadays to be famous. And I should know what I’m talking about, because I’ve got decades of experience in the subject. Today everybody’s got a telephone with a built-in camera,” contactmusic.com quoted McCartney as saying.
“I’m always polite to the people that speak to me. No need to make it complicated. I’ve known from an early age that for the public I am an exciting figure - and I have had time to get used to it. But even for me nowadays it sometimes gets too much,” he added.
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011
- McCartney to wed again - Oct 09, 2011
- Paul McCartney quits drugs for daughter - Feb 16, 2012
- I feel young at 68: McCartney - Jun 27, 2010
- McCartney gets puppies' photo as wedding gift - Oct 18, 2011
- McCartney moves up on rich musicians list - Apr 27, 2012
- McCartney inks deal to preserve Beatles' works - Sep 23, 2010
- No big fat wedding for McCartney, Shevell - Jul 22, 2011
- Paul McCartney all set to marry Nancy Shevell - Sep 16, 2011
- Nancy Shevell and Paul McCartney pay tribute to Whitney Houston - Feb 15, 2012
- Noel Gallagher 'is the next McCartney' - Oct 05, 2010
- McCartney not approached for London Olympics - Jun 19, 2011
- Susan Boyle wants a duet with Paul McCartney - Nov 27, 2010
- Beatles to make their songs available on iTunes - Nov 16, 2010
- Paul McCartney Serenades Michelle Obama - Jun 04, 2010