Paul McCartney Serenades Michelle ObamaJune 4th, 2010 - 5:54 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
June 4, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The famous Beatles musician and singer Paul McCartney dedicated and especially sang the song “Michelle” in the honor of US first lady Michelle Obama at the White House.
Paul McCartney was honored Wednesday night with the U.S. Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song.
Paul McCartney gave a concert with other singers and stars on the Wednesday night party at White House like Foo Fighter’s Dave Grohl, Elvis Costello and Faith Hill.
The Gershwin Prize for Popular Song Award was first won by Paul Simon and then Stevie Wonder. Steve Wonder performed on Wednesday as well.
The award ceremony was held at East Room of the White House.
The mood was light and the guests seemed to have enjoyed the party. Paul McCartney sang the song ‘Michelle’ that was dedicated to the first lady and said that he might be the first guy to get punched out by the President of United States.
The party was attended by guests and family. 67 years old singer Paul McCartney’s present girlfriend Nancy Shevell also attended the party. At the end Barrack Obama mentioned about the Gulf Oil crisis.
Paul McCartney was delighted to be honored. He said he was delighted and it was a pleasure to play at the White House and nothing seemed more special to him than this. Paul McCartney’s other songs also include “Got To Get You Into My Life” and “Hey Jude”.
The event lasted for about 90 minutes will be shown as a PBS special on TV on July 28.
- Paul McCartney sings 'Michelle' for Michelle Obama - Jun 04, 2010
- Paul McCartney To Be Honored At White House With Gershwin Prize - May 25, 2010
- Paul McCartney Croons For Michelle Obama - Jun 04, 2010
- Paul McCartney to be honored at the White House with the 'Gershwin Prize' - May 25, 2010
- Obama to honour Paul McCartney - May 25, 2010
- I'm an Obama fan, says Sir Paul McCartney - Jul 30, 2010
- Paul McCartney's White House Performance Aired On PBS - Jul 29, 2010
- Beatles great McCartney receives top music award from US President Obama at the White House - Jun 03, 2010
- Mccartney Plays At The White House - Jul 27, 2010
- Barack Obama to honour Sir Paul McCartney at White House - May 25, 2010
- Macca feared being punched by Obama when crooning 'Michelle' to Michelle - Jun 03, 2010
- McCartney asked to apologise for Bush joke - Jun 06, 2010
- Top US politician asks Macca to apologise for mocking Bush's intellect - Jun 06, 2010
- McCartney to wed again - Oct 09, 2011
- 'Song of Solomon' is Michelle Obama's favourite book - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: award ceremony, barrack obama, dave grohl, elvis costello, faith hill, first lady, gershwin prize for popular song, gina gomez, girlfriend nancy, gulf oil, library of congress, michelle obama, oil crisis, paul mccartney, paul simon, president of united states, s library, serenades, singer paul, stevie wonder