Paul asks NASA to stop animal testingAugust 26th, 2010 - 6:26 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 26, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Beatles Superstar Sir Paul McCartney and NASA have a strong relationship but right now they are involved in some monkey business. The Former Beatle is unhappy about NASA using poor animals for outer space radiation testing. PETA has always stood by its claim that Lab testing is a dangerous thing and most importantly it is inhumane. PETA maintains that lab testing is harmful for lab animals and Sir Paul more than agrees with them.
In a recent letter to the NASA administrator the singer blasted the space agency for funding a research program on the effects of radiation in Spider monkeys. According to Sir Paul, NASA should have the creativity to test the effects of space radiation without putting innocent monkeys to pain.
McCartney reminded Bolden of his good relationship with NASA, which includes a live performance for an orbiting space shuttle. Previously the agency had beamed the song, “Across the Universe” to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the song.
Voicing his concern Paul McCartney said that our efforts to understand the mysteries of universe should not come at the cost of innocent lives and appealed NASA to cancel the controversial experiments immediately. NASA is yet to comment on the matter at hand and we can only hope that it takes the steps necessary to save the monkeys.
- Macca furious over NASA's animal testing - Aug 27, 2010
- When Lovato met McCartney - Apr 11, 2012
- Mccartney immortalised on PETA Stamp - Nov 29, 2011
- Mccartney Plays At The White House - Jul 27, 2010
- Macca appeals for meat-free day in India - Jan 05, 2011
- Susan Boyle Wants To Be As Famous As 'The Beatles'! - Nov 27, 2010
- McCartney raises voice to save baby elephant in India (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- End animal testing for cosmetics: Paul McCartney - Jul 09, 2012
- McCartney urges Manmohan to celebrate vegetarianism - Jan 05, 2011
- Raveena Poses For An Advertisemnt Of PETA - Sep 15, 2010
- I immerse myself in writing: Paul Mccartney - Sep 26, 2011
- ‘Blackbird’ Tattoo By Paul McCartney For Emma Stone - Oct 21, 2010
- 'One Direction' star Harry Styles is dating Emily Atack - May 21, 2012
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- McCartney to wed again - Oct 09, 2011
Tags: 40th anniversary, across the universe, animal testing, beatle, controversial experiments, dangerous thing, effects of radiation, good relationship, innocent lives, lab animals, live performance, monkey business, nasa, nasa administrator, peta, poor animals, sir paul mccartney, space radiation, space shuttle, spider monkeys