Patty Mccormack- Demon In The Garb Of A ChildJune 21st, 2009 - 3:34 pm ICT by GD
If you are wondering who the young girl in the picture is then the answer is child actress, Patty Mccormack, who was bold and brave enough to start modeling at the age of 4. Now she is 63 years old and she starred in the movie “Bad Seed”, which has finally made its way to the big screen,this weekend at the Arthur Lyons Film Noir Festival, scheduled playing at 1 p.m. We will look at Patty Mccormack’s contribution to the movie closely.
“The Bad Seed” is adapted from 1954 novel by William March, transformed into a play by Maxwell Anderson, a new version of which was ultimately made into a movie by director John Lee Mahin.
Patty Mccormack played the role of Rhoda Penmark in the movie “Bad Seed”, which depicts murderous intentions of a tiny demon, surprisingly she was the first of her kind to be chosen for such a malicious role, meaning, no child artist was ever chosen before for such roles. Audiences were somehow thrilled to see Patty’s performance and with all the support she could have got, she finally earned the Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination as well as a Golden Globe nomination for the same performance. Her glory spread worldwide and you must watch her dripping disgust and hatred with every word of hers that she uttered very politely in the movie.
After the movie released and came to theaters, in an interview she was asked if after the movie, she was typecast. Patty Mccormack’s reply to that question was “It would’ve been helpful if I was typecast, but the story and the film were so unique to its time that there weren’t any more like that”. She said she became popular as a cute little naughty person.
- Science fiction movie "Another Earth" all set to release - Jul 22, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez joins 'Parker' cast - Aug 09, 2011
- I'm the disciplinarian: Jessica Alba - Mar 15, 2012
- Busy Phillips Pregnant! - May 05, 2010
- Patti LuPone to make an appearance on Glee - Apr 29, 2011
- Won't get typecast: Aditi Rao - Feb 12, 2012
- Jennifer Lawrence celebrates her 21st birthday - Aug 15, 2011
- Kristen Dunst wants to launch her own clothing line - Mar 14, 2011
- Today is Dakota Fanning's birthday - Feb 24, 2012
- I can play any role, even a man: Shefali Shah - Jun 13, 2011
- 'Kaali' is the soul of 'Agneepath': Priyanka - Dec 28, 2011
- Emma Stone: How she feels being nominated with Angleina Jolie for Golden Globe? - Dec 15, 2010
- Patty Duke appears in Social Security video - Apr 09, 2011
- Time now to groove on Bollywood's hot item songs - Jul 14, 2012
- Amrita Puri calls Abhishek real star of 'Kai Po Che' - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: actress patty mccormack, arthur lyons, bad seed, best supporting actress, best supporting actress oscar, child actress, child artist, director john, disgust, garb, golden globe nomination, john lee mahin, maxwell anderson, murderous intentions, naughty person, oscar nomination, patty mccormack, penmark, typecast, young girl