Pattinson’s charisma landed him ‘Cosmopolis’ (Lead)August 23rd, 2012 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 23 (IANS) It was Robert Pattinson’s “charismatic” persona that ended up getting him the lead part in David Cronenberg’s “Cosmopolis”.
Cronenberg reveals the “Twilight” actor’s personality played a big part in him being cast in the drama movie, reports contactmusic.com.
“I’m completely aware of all of those elements and also, of course, when you’re making a movie that for an independent movie was relatively expensive, you have to have a leading character who is very charismatic and who can carry the weight and has the star quality and so on, because you’re going to be looking at him,” said Cronenberg.
“He’s literally in every scene in the movie, and that’s pretty unusual. I mean even in Tom Cruise movies, Tom is not in absolutely every scene of the movie - but Rob (Pattinson) is. So he has to have that,” said Cronenberg.
“Cosmopolis”, released in the US Aug 17, also stars Juliette Binoche and Paul Giamatti.
- Pattinson bags lead role in 'Cosmopolis' - Aug 22, 2012
- Robert Pattinson gets patch haircut - Jul 11, 2011
- Robert Pattinson bags lead role in David Cronenberg's 'Cosmopolis' - Jan 07, 2011
- Fight failure, says Pattinson - Aug 19, 2012
- Pattinson to star in 'Cosmopolis' - Jan 07, 2011
- Pattinson, Mortensen would be great together: Cronenberg - Jun 15, 2012
- Robert Pattinson fuming over 'Twilight' photo leak - Apr 05, 2011
- Pattison says no to topless acts - Mar 14, 2012
- Lowe, Cruise picked up fight on 'The Outsiders' sets - May 17, 2011
- Pattinson, Stewart to reshoot 'Twilight' bits - Apr 16, 2012
- Pattinson happy with Kristen, says she understands him - Jul 05, 2012
- Holmes starstruck by hubby Tom Cruise - Aug 16, 2010
- Robert Pattinson shaves some of his hair away - Jul 22, 2011
- Katie Holmes' 'The Son Of No One’ Becomes A Target For The Media - Jan 26, 2011
- Pattinson not ready to face media? - Aug 01, 2012