Patrick Stewart delighted with new Star TrekJune 15th, 2009 - 6:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 15 (ANI): Brit actor Patrick Stewart, who acted as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’, has revealed that he is delighted with the new Star Trek.
Stewart, 68, has even praised American actor Chris Pine, 28, who played the young Captain Kirk in the new movie.
“He’s brilliant, charming, truthful, funny and utterly delightful,” the Daily Express quoted Stewart as saying.
And while William Shatner, 78, was not happy that director J Abrams’ 2009 version failed to include even a cameo of him in his original role, Stewart has no such reservations.
“I loved it, it was a very, very odd experience to be in the cinema watching a new Star Trek movie that I wasn’t in,” Stewart, who took his grandchildren to the film, said.
“With the exception of Leonard Nimoy I didn’t know any of the cast but it’s still Star Trek. I got a great kick out of it,” he added. (ANI)
- William Shatner not reprising 'Star Trek' role - Sep 24, 2010
- William Shatner slams reports of feud with new 'Star Trek' cast - Apr 27, 2009
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
- William Shatner to turn 'Raw Nerve' interviewer - May 25, 2009
- Star Trek's Captain Picard knighted - Dec 31, 2009
- William Shatner not to be a part of 'Star Trek 2' - Jun 21, 2011
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner refuse to talk about Star Trek - May 12, 2009
- Star Trek director denies Captain Kirk return - May 01, 2009
- Queen Dubs Sir Patrick Stewart AKA 'Xavier' or 'Picard' a Knight - Jun 03, 2010
- Leonard Nimoy won't reprise Spock role in next Star Trek movie - Apr 21, 2010
- William Shatner a stock market billionaire? - Mar 30, 2011
- William Shatner may do a cameo in next 'Star Trek' instalment - Apr 01, 2009
- Star Trek's Leonard Nimoy retires from acting - Jun 20, 2010
Tags: american actor, cameo, captain jean luc picard, captain kirk, chris pine, cinema, daily express, grandchildren, j abrams, jean luc picard, leonard nimoy, london, luc picard, new star trek movie, odd experience, patrick stewart, star trek, star trek the next generation, trek the next generation, william shatner