Patience is a virtue, believes KatrinaFebruary 25th, 2011 - 5:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif sincerely believes that “Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai” (Patience always pays off) — the slogan for her new Mango Slice ad campaign. She says she adapts to it in real life too.”When one hears the word patience, a lot of people think of ‘waiting for a long time’ and sitting idle doing nothing’ but it is not my interpretation of patience. For me, patience is about waiting for the right thing and also about what you’re doing while you’re waiting,” said Katrina.
“It is about actively having a plan and a goal and knowing what you want to do; it is the most important thing for me. Of course, hard work and determination are important, but having a passion for something is what makes the difference. That is the mantra I follow in my career and in my life,” she added.
However, the 26-year-old stunner, who has made it big in tinsel town in a span of just seven years, also believes luck played a strong role in her life.
After a bad start with the 2003 “Boom”, the British-born actress started her success story with “Namastey London” and continued with “Apne”, “Partner”, “Welcome”, “Race” and “Singh Is Kinng” — not to forget her stint in political thriller “Raajneeti”.
“I had a goal and I was very passionate about it, but I was not in a rush to grab anything to get there. I’ve also been blessed, the right opportunities unfolded for me at the right time. But still it is a step by step journey, it is a process ,” said Katrina, who is a rage nowadays for her saucy dance in “Sheila ki jawaani”.
She says that is also the thought behind the Mango Slice campaign featuring her.
Shot in Thailand, the Slice commercial features Katrina wearing an orange dress. Her look has been styled by designer duo Falguni and Shane Peacock.
- My career's best is yet to come: Katrina Kaif - Aug 12, 2012
- My career's best phase yet to come: Katrina - Aug 12, 2012
- I have learnt to cope with media attention: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Mar 16, 2011
- 'There can't be another Rakhi Sawant' (movie Snippets) - Dec 20, 2011
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
- Katrina's rockstar avatar in 'Dhunki' song (Movie Snippets) (With Images) - Jul 29, 2011
- Rakhi Sawant says Katrina follows her dance moves - Dec 19, 2011
- Trisha Krishnan's Brush with Bollywood - Jun 14, 2010
- Katrina as 'Chikni chameli' in 'Agneepath' - Nov 15, 2011
- Working with woman director was nice: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Nov 16, 2010
- Katrina on a bottle! (Movie Snippets) - Mar 30, 2012
- We love you Sheila! Delhi boys hail Katrina - Dec 07, 2010
- Salman is a good friend of mine: Katrina Kaif - Jul 13, 2011
- Zoya Akhtar denies making documentary on Indian cinema - Apr 24, 2012
- I'm nervous about acting in 'Shirin Farhad': Farah Khan - Jun 06, 2011
Tags: ad campaign, born actress, commercial features, falguni, katrina kaif, mantra, namastey london, New Delhi, patience is a virtue, political thriller, right time, sabr, shane peacock, slogan, step journey, stint, stunner, success story, tinsel town, welcome race