Pass or fail - the motto of ‘Sur Kshetra’August 31st, 2012 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 30 (IANS) Either ‘pass or fail’ seems to be the motto of ‘Sur Kshetra’, a musical reality show which will be aired on Colors and Sahara One channel simultaneously.
The show will have two teams, one from India and the other from Pakistan, competing with each other.
The musical reality show will be judged by legendary singers Asha Bhosle, Abida Parveen and Runa Laila, while Himesh Reshammiya and Atif Aslam will be mentoring the Indian and Pakistani teams respectively.
The show promises to be different from the rest in terms of judging the participants - they will either be given a zero or a ten for their performances.
“The concept of the show is very unique. Either pass or fail. It was very tough, all the contestants sing so well,” Asha Bhosle said at the launch of the show, held at a suburban hotel here Thursday.
The lack of any points between zero and ten made it very difficult for the judges, contestants and mentors, but they have taken the challenge in the right spirit.
After having done almost six reality shows, music director Himesh Reshammiya said this concept makes the show different from the rest.
“The concept of the show is very different. Due to this, the level of singing will be very high. If a singer sings well, he gets 10 and if he is sings anything less than that, he gets a zero. This is the next stage of reality show,” he said.
Legendary singer from Bangladesh, Runa Laila who seems to be the neutral judge in the show said that this made it tougher for her to judge it.
“Asha ji is from India and Abida ji is from Pakistan. I am neutral and this became tougher for me. I had to balance things. This zero and ten marking scheme made it harder,” Laila said.
“But the plus point was that in case we gave someone zero, they didn’t get disheartened and tried harder,” she added.
Simarly for the third judge, Abida Parveen, marking contestants with either a zero or a ten was a bit of a challenge.
The show will be hosted by Bollywood actress Ayesha Takia.
- 'Sur Kshetra' no less than India-Pakistan cricket match: Reshammiya - Sep 12, 2012
- 'Sur-kshetra' to simulcast on Colors, Sahara One - Jul 05, 2012
- Raj Thackeray 'permits' airing of show featuring Pakistani artists - Sep 06, 2012
- Music to bridge India-Pakistan divide - Sep 05, 2012
- New Indo-Pak music show shoot shifted to Dubai - Jan 23, 2012
- I'm unambitious, says actress Ayesha Takia - Sep 08, 2012
- Asha Bhosle to judge 'Sur-kshetra' - Jan 18, 2012
- Asha Bhosle joins 'Indian Idol 6' judge's panel - May 30, 2012
- MNS threatens TV channels featuring Pakistanis - Aug 30, 2012
- MNS threatens to disrupt shooting of 'Sur-Kshetra' (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Lata likes 'Indian Idol' - Jun 29, 2012
- Asha remembers Pancham-da, breaks down (With Images) - Jun 27, 2012
- 'X-Factor' is beyond the mediocracy of talent shows: Sonu Nigam - Feb 23, 2011
- Punjabi boy Vipul Mehta wins 'Indian Idol 6' - Sep 02, 2012
- Asha Bhosle wishes for audience's love on birthday - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: abida parveen, atif aslam, bangladesh, colors, India, launch, legendary singer, legendary singers, marking scheme, mentors, motto, mumbai, music director, pakistan, participants, reality show, runa laila, sahara one, spirit, suburban hotel