Parminder Nagra’s divorce gets uglyJune 29th, 2012 - 5:17 am ICT by IANS
London, June 29 (IANS) “Bend It Like Beckham” star Parminder Nagra’s divorce case has turned ugly over the couple’s joint finances.
Nagra’s estranged husband James Stenson has filed a lawsuit claiming he deserves a slice of the British actress’ fortune after giving up his job as a photographer to manage their lives when she was cast in the hit TV medical drama “E.R.” in 2004.
According to tmz.com, Stenson is demanding at least $500,000 in damages and half of the three properties they purchased before they wed in 2009.
He said they made a pact to share their combined wealth during the six years they spent as “life partners” before formally tying the knot.
Nagra filed for divorce in February to end their three-year marriage. The couple have a three-year-old son named Kai.
- Parminder Nagra splits from husband - Feb 10, 2012
- Parminder Nagra becomes a mother - May 28, 2009
- Seal wants share in Klum's fortune? - Sep 04, 2012
- Brand to give Perry their $6.5 mn marital home - Apr 03, 2012
- Arquette files for divorce from Cox - Jun 13, 2012
- Parminder Nagra weds long-time boyfriend - Jan 20, 2009
- Heidi Klum, Seal divorcing? - Jan 22, 2012
- Suvari opts of out-of-court divorce settlement - May 20, 2012
- Christina Aguilera's marriage will be officially over in April - Feb 13, 2011
- 'Bend it Like Beckham' - first Western-made film to air in North Korea - Dec 31, 2010
- New love in Seal's life? - Jul 07, 2012
- Charlie Sheen 'humiliated' Brooke Mueller, says lawyer - Nov 03, 2010
- Avatar star Joel Moore files for divorce - Nov 18, 2011
- Eva Longoria, Tony Parker not divorcing - Nov 17, 2010
- Stewart's parents divorcing - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: bend it like beckham, british actress, damages, divorce case, fortune, james stenson, job, june 29, kai, life partners, london, marriage, medical drama, pact, parminder nagra, photographer, six years, tying the knot