Paris Hilton sued for not returning $60K in borrowed Damiani jewelryApril 7th, 2011 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
New York, April 7 (ANI): Hotel heiress Paris Hilton has been sued by German insurance giant Allianz for not returning 60,000 dollars in borrowed Damiani jewelry.
The jewelry Hilton borrowed was stolen as part of a 2.8 million dollars jewelry heist in December 2008 at her Los Angeles estate.
However, cops last year recovered all the missing jewelry as part of a takedown of a celebrity burglary ring that targeted boldface names, including actors Megan Fox, Orlando Bloom and Lindsay Lohan.
Now, Alianz claimed the socialite never bothered to return the jewelry after police returned it and the Louis Vuitton bag it was stolen in to her.
“Despite having recovered Damiani’s jewelry, [Hilton has] failed to return all of the jewelry to Damiani as required by the Agreements,” the New York Daily News quoted the suit as saying.
In court paper, Allianz said Damiani in 2007 loaned Hilton 60,000 dollars of jewelry to wear for public appearances. As part of the deal, Hilton agreed to stash the jewelry in a safe or a vault whenever she wasn’t wearing it.
She did none of that, the suit said, and instead had a habit of leaving her mansion’s front door unlocked and its alarm system turned off.
“On Friday, December 18, 2009, in the early morning hours, Hilton left her mansion and attended a party at Bar Delux in Hollywood, California,” it said.
“At some point that night, the Damiani jewelry was placed in Hilton’s closet and not in the safe as required by the Agreements.
“On December 18, 2009, Hilton left the front door to her mansion unlocked. Like the front door, Hilton also left the safe unlocked that was supposed to be used to secure the loaned Damiani jewelry,” the suit added.
A man in a hooded sweatshirt then strolled in through the front door, the suit says, taking off with 2.8 million dollars of jewelry that was “sitting in plain sight” in Hilton’s closet.
“The burglar stole all of the loaned Damiani jewelry by sweeping the items off the closet shelves into one of Hilton’s Louis Vuitton handbags,” according to the suit. (ANI)
- Paris Hilton sued over borrowed jewels - Apr 08, 2011
- Hilton sued over borrowed jewellery - Apr 08, 2011
- Largest ID theft ring in US history cracked - Oct 08, 2011
- Bag Containing Items Worth $150K Stolen From Jermaine Jackson's Home - Dec 20, 2010
- Angelina Jolie signs $10mn Louis Vuitton endorsement deal - Apr 23, 2011
- Hilton's stalker faces three-year jail - May 03, 2011
- Allen watches fashion show during honeymoon - Jun 25, 2011
- Jermaine Jackson: Michael Jackson's brother robbed off $200K - Dec 20, 2010
- Louis Vuitton to collaborate with Yayoi Kusama - May 24, 2012
- Stolen Picasso paintings found in Serbia - Oct 08, 2011
- Kanye West plans shoe line with Kim Kardashian - Aug 05, 2012
- Florida reporter says Biden staffer confined him in closet at posh fundraiser - Mar 28, 2011
- Paul Sterling Smith: Person Of Interest in Kidnapping Of Alisa Maier Kills Self As Police Enter Home - Jul 08, 2010
- Paula Deen's former maid arrested for stealing $100,000 worth of jewelry - Jun 10, 2010
- Paris Hilton's L.A pad intruder faces up to a year behind bars - Oct 14, 2010
Tags: allianz, boldface names, burglar, burglary, damiani jewelry, delux, heiress paris hilton, hollywood california, hooded sweatshirt, hotel heiress paris hilton, insurance giant, jewelry heist, louis vuitton, megan fox, new york daily news, orlando bloom, paris hilton, public appearances, socialite, york daily news