Paris Hilton Owes $160,000 To World Entertainment Group?September 7th, 2010 - 7:04 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Sep 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The American Socialite and heiress Paris Hilton recently hogged limelight after she was arrested for cocaine possession. It seems that the troubled socialite is trapped again with new problems as the Florida judge ruled against the hotel heiress in a breach of contract. The media reports that the breach of contract lawsuit is filed against Paris Hilton over her movie “Pledge This!” where it is said that she owes her investors about $160,000.
The producers of the movie “Pledge This!” have said that Paris Hilton failed to do the promotion of the movie. This was one of the reasons for which the movie could not fair well in the box-office. Last Thursday, Florida U.S. District Judge Federico Moreno said that Paris Hilton violated the terms of contract with the investors of the movie as she failed to do interviews with British and Russian media to promote the film. Neither Paris Hilton nor her representative has commented anything about the whole incident. However, the media reports that the lost promotional opportunities were valued at around $160,000, the amount which Paris Hilton was supposed to pay to Worldwide Entertainment Group, the production company of the movie.
On the other hand, the investors were initially asking for $8.3 million when the investors sued her and her company, Paris Hilton Entertainment. However, the judge Federico Moreno asked for more investigations as he wants to know more information about Paris Hilton’s contract before finalizing the amount. “Pledge This!” is a comedy film which was released in 2006. The movie was directed by William Heins and Paris Hilton was the executive producer it. The film was poorly received by the viewers and hence went “straight to video”.
- Paris Hilton may owe $160 K to the producers of 'Pledge This' - Sep 07, 2010
- Paris Hilton owes $160k to investors - Sep 04, 2010
- Paris Hilton accused of not promoting 'Pledge This' enough - Apr 30, 2010
- Paris Hilton May Owe $160K To Financiers Over A Movie Pact - Sep 07, 2010
- Paris Hilton Could Owe $160K Over Movie Deal - Sep 07, 2010
- Hilton slams allegations of failing to promote movie in court - Jul 13, 2009
- 'Supercool' Paris Hilton charms judge during $8M lawsuit - Jul 11, 2009
- Paris Hilton to testify in court for breach of contract - Jul 10, 2009
- Paris Hilton set to testify in breach of contract suit - Jul 10, 2009
- Paris Hilton's plea to dismiss contract breach suit rejected - May 20, 2009
- Paris Hilton defends herself over movie lawsuit - May 07, 2009
- Hilton rubbishes dating rumours - Jun 01, 2012
- I love you India: Paris Hilton - Sep 24, 2011
- Paris Hilton, Cy Waits can't keep their hands off each other - Feb 19, 2011
- Paris Hilton embroiled in $8.3M movie promotion lawsuit - May 08, 2009
Tags: breach of contract, cocaine possession, comedy film, contract lawsuit, entertainment group, florida judge, gina gomez, heiress paris hilton, hotel heiress, information about paris, judge federico moreno, paris hilton, pledge this, promotional opportunities, russian media, socialite, terms of contract, william heins, world entertainment, worldwide entertainment