Paris Hilton defends herself over movie lawsuitMay 7th, 2009 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 7 (IANS) Socialite heiress Paris Hilton has defended herself against allegations that she owes investors $8.3 million (5.5 million pounds) for not fully promoting her 2006 film “National Lampoon’s Pledge This”.
Hilton, 28, signed an agreement in 2004 for the production and distribution of the movie, according to a lawsuit filed in Miami, Florida, in 2008 by Worldwide Entertainment Group Inc, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Movie bosses now claim that Hilton was paid $1 million (666,670 pounds) for her acting services and for “reasonable promotion and publicity” for the film, which featured Hilton as the president of an exclusive sorority.
Company spokesperson Michael Goldberg claims Hilton’s failure to plug the movie’s DVD release cost the investors more than $8.3 million (5.5 million pounds).
Hilton on the other hand, insists she honoured her contract, and blames her overflowing work schedule for not meeting what she claimed as last-minute demands.
“Any chance I got, any red carpet, any press, if I was doing something for another product… I would just bring it up. ‘Oh, my new sorority film, it’s going to be sexy, it’s going to be really hot girls’ like I really, you know, did my best,” she said.
Hilton’s lawyer, Michael Weinstein added at a pretrial motion hearing: “She’s the single busiest person on the planet.”
Hilton’s trial is scheduled to begin June 8.
- Paris Hilton set to testify in breach of contract suit - Jul 10, 2009
- Paris Hilton embroiled in $8.3M movie promotion lawsuit - May 08, 2009
- Paris Hilton's plea to dismiss contract breach suit rejected - May 20, 2009
- Paris Hilton Owes $160,000 To World Entertainment Group? - Sep 07, 2010
- Paris Hilton to testify in court for breach of contract - Jul 10, 2009
- Paris Hilton accused of not promoting 'Pledge This' enough - Apr 30, 2010
- Paris Hilton owes $160k to investors - Sep 04, 2010
- Paris Hilton Could Owe $160K Over Movie Deal - Sep 07, 2010
- Michael Moore, Director Of The Antiestablishment Film, 'Fahrenheit 9/11', Sues The Weinsteins - Feb 08, 2011
- Paris Hilton may owe $160 K to the producers of 'Pledge This' - Sep 07, 2010
- Michael Moore Sues Weinstein Brothers Over "Fahrenheit 9/11" - Feb 08, 2011
- Whoopi Goldberg smoked cannabis before accepting her 1992 Oscar - Mar 25, 2011
- Lady Gaga lands in Irish gig scandal - Sep 24, 2009
- 'Supercool' Paris Hilton charms judge during $8M lawsuit - Jul 11, 2009
- Moore, Weinsteins settle 'Fahrenheit' suit - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: 1 million, 5 million, allegations, company spokesperson, entertainment group, femalefirst, heiress paris hilton, hot girls, lawyer, miami florida, michael goldberg, michael weinstein, national lampoon, paris hilton, pledge this, pretrial motion, publicity, red carpet, sorority, worldwide entertainment