Parents protest against ‘Glee teen sex scene’November 9th, 2011 - 7:59 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Nov 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Parents Television Council (PTC) has spoken strongly against a scene in the last episode of the highly successful FOX show “Glee.” During the last episode of the show which was aired on Tuesday (the 8th of November), a scene showed a couple having sex.
It was a virgin-breaking affair between the two and the scene has been bashed for promoting irresponsible sexual behavior in children. PTC took strong exception to the scene and issued a statement.
The president of the council, Tim Winter, wrote in the statement that, “The fact that Glee intends to not only broadcast, but celebrates children having sex is reprehensible… The gender of the high school characters involved is irrelevant. Teen sex is now more prevalent on TV than adult sex and Glee is only playing into that trend.”
The sex scene involved a straight and a gay young characters. PTC was quick to point out that they have no problem with the sexual orientation of the characters. They are particularly worried about the glamorization of sex among children saying television has the potential to influence what children do.
The creators of the show say they find nothing wrong with the episode and the scene. Show creator Ryan Murphy said the scene was “a new thing.”
- Indian Idol Out, X Factor In - Jan 22, 2011
- Elton John in 'Glee'? - Mar 02, 2011
- Glee movie trailer released - Jul 15, 2011
- Is Gwyneth Paltrow going to return to Glee? - Sep 13, 2011
- Primetime TV 'sexualises, fetishizes' underage girls: US study - Dec 17, 2010
- Ryan Murphy Will Be Directing "Rocky Horror" Remake - Oct 20, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow to reprise dating role in 'Glee' - Jan 11, 2011
- The "Glee" Stars Go Wild In GQ Photo-Shoot - Oct 21, 2010
- GQ Promises To Post Behind The Scenes Videos Of "Glee" Photoshoot - Nov 02, 2010
- Glee creator - Ryan Murphy all set to direct the remake of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' - Oct 20, 2010
- "Glee" To Do An Episode On Britney Spears - Jul 28, 2010
- Britney Spears Special On 'Glee' - Jul 28, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow to star in 'Glee' - Sep 22, 2010
- Glee criticised for featuring convicted sex offender Gary Glitter's song - Mar 11, 2011
- Britney Spears to get 'kid glove' treatment in Glee episode - Aug 11, 2010
Tags: adult sex, broadcast, children having sex, couple having sex, creators, fox, glee, parents protest, parents television council, ptc, ryan murphy, sex scene, sexual behavior, sexual orientation, teen sex, tim winter