Paranormal Activity 2 Collects Millions AgainOctober 26th, 2010 - 6:00 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
October 26, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Paranormal Activity, which created a craze among the audience in 2007, was a big hit this year. Now, after 3 years, the sequel of the movie has received the same kind of response and it has already received $41.5 million at its debut last weekend.
The film, which was made for about $3 million, has become one of the mostly earning horror franchises. Regardless of the price inflation of the tickets, it has become a immediate viable series for Paramount Pictures.
The studio may now offer annual installments following the path of Lionsgate, which has done the same with its low budget horror flick with five sequels.
Paranormal activity 2 has been grand successful on its debut that it has left behind the success story of Clint Eastwood directed life-after-death supernatural drama Hereafter, which fetched $12 million during its first weekend.
Paramount studio took a big risk by producing Paranormal activity 2, to recreate the commercial success of a movie that was made independently for just $15,000.
The movie was mainly targeted for the young audience and it has reached them successfully with full force. Hope the success journey continues in the coming weeks too!
- Paranormal Activity sequel tops weekend box office with $41.5m - Oct 25, 2010
- Paranormal Activity 2 New Trailer Out - Oct 03, 2010
- 'Saw 3D' Collects $24.4 Million At Box With Its Genre Bending Reality - Nov 02, 2010
- Clint Eastwood's film 'Hereafter' to call the curtains at NYFF - Aug 17, 2010
- Clint Eastwood's 'Hereafter' pulled from Japanese theatres - Mar 15, 2011
- "Paranormal Activity 2" Trailer Spurs Up Adrenaline - Jun 30, 2010
- Clint Eastwood To Helm Fourth Version Of 'A Star Is Born' With Beyonce Knowles - Jan 21, 2011
- The Expendables Rake In A Total Of 35 Million US Dollars - Aug 16, 2010
- 'Paranormal Activity 2' Gets Huge Opening - Oct 23, 2010
- 'Saw 3D' tops weekend box-office with $24.2 million - Nov 01, 2010
- Kamalini Mukherjee Excited About Her Upcoming Flick - Nov 04, 2010
- With 'Haunted', audiences queue up to get terrorised again - May 17, 2011
- Ananthapurathu Veedu To Decide Shankar's Fate - Jun 19, 2010
- Micah Sloat And Katie Featherston's Performances Makes "Paranormal Activity" Worthy Of Cult Like Status - Oct 10, 2009
- Not aiming at acting return: Clint Eastwood - Oct 14, 2010
Tags: 5 million, clint eastwood, commercial success, full force, horror flick, horror franchises, installments, left behind, life after death, lionsgate, low budget, october 26, paramount pictures, paramount studio, paranormal activity, price inflation, sequel, sequels, success story, supernatural drama