Paramount begins working on Star Trek sequelMarch 31st, 2009 - 3:03 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 31 (ANI): While Star Trek’s latest franchise is yet to hit the theatres, Paramount Pictures have already started working on its sequel.
Paramount trio Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof are writing the screenplay.
While the story is still in the embryonic stage, the script is expected to get ready by Christmas and release in summer 2011.
“There’s obviously a lot of hubris involved in signing on to write a sequel of a movie that hasn’t even come out yet,” Variety magazine quoted Lindelof, co-creator with Abrams of ABC’s “Lost” who produced the upcoming “Trek”.
“But we’re so excited about the first one that we wanted to proceed,” he added.
Kurtzman said: “Obviously we discussed ideas, but we are waiting to see how audiences respond next month.
He added: “With a franchise rebirth, the first movie has to be about origin. But with a second, you have the opportunity to explore incredibly exciting things. We’ll be ambitious about what we’ll do.” (ANI)
- 'G.I Joe', 'Star Trek' sequels in the pipeline - Jan 12, 2010
- Paramount announces 12th instalment in 'Star Trek' franchise - Mar 31, 2009
- Sam Rockwell Joins 'Cowboys And Aliens' Cast, As 'Iron Man 2' Hits Theaters - May 04, 2010
- Tom Cruise in 'Van Helsing' remake - May 03, 2012
- Daniel Craig to star in "Cowboys and Aliens"? - Jan 14, 2010
- The Return Of Simon In M:I 4 - Jul 20, 2010
- ‘Fringe: The Doomsday Device’ Consists Of A Captivating Twist In The Imminent Episode - Jan 22, 2011
- 'Mission Impossible 4' producers hire script writers - Aug 07, 2009
- 'Transformers 4' all set to be directed by Michael Bay - Feb 15, 2012
- JJ Abrams Star Trek release pushed back to 2009 - Feb 14, 2008
- 'Super 8' Movie Trailer Now Out - May 08, 2010
- Zachary Quinto dismisses rumours of quitting Star Trek - Jan 30, 2010
- '30 Rock' will end in 2012, says Alec Baldwin - Apr 07, 2011
- Chris Pine to be the new Captain Kirk? - Nov 14, 2007
- Eric Bana to play 'Star Trek' baddie Nero - Nov 14, 2007
Tags: abc, alex kurtzman, audiences, christmas, damon lindelof, embryonic stage, franchise, hubris, paramount pictures, rebirth, roberto orci, screenplay, star trek, star trek sequel, variety magazine