Paramount announces 12th instalment in ‘Star Trek’ franchiseMarch 31st, 2009 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 31 (IANS) Hollywood producers Paramount Pictures have announced another new “Star Trek” movie - a month before the latest and eleventh sci-fi installment hits the screens.
The highly-anticipated film is the first new venture in the franchise since 2002’s “Star Trek: Nemesis’ and is due for a global release May 8.
Contactmusic.com reports that officials at Paramount are so confident the picture will be a hit that they have commissioned on a script for a follow-up hiring a team of screenwriters including Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof.
“There’s obviously a lot of hubris involved in signing on to write a sequel of a movie that hasn’t even come out yet. But we’re so excited about the first one that we wanted to proceed,” said Lindelof.
Serial TV drama “Lost” creator J.J. Abrams, who has directed the latest film, has also signed on to produce the next movie.
- Paramount begins working on Star Trek sequel - Mar 31, 2009
- 'G.I Joe', 'Star Trek' sequels in the pipeline - Jan 12, 2010
- Tom Cruise in 'Van Helsing' remake - May 03, 2012
- 'Super 8' superb film (IANS Movie - Rating: ****) - Oct 14, 2011
- Noomi Rapace refuses to look sexy - May 14, 2012
- Viacom18 to distribute Paramount movies in India - May 18, 2011
- Zoe Saldana to join cast of 'Infinitely Polar Bear' - Jun 18, 2011
- Charlize Theron to star in 'Prometheus'? - Feb 14, 2011
- Sam Rockwell Joins 'Cowboys And Aliens' Cast, As 'Iron Man 2' Hits Theaters - May 04, 2010
- Daniel Craig to star in "Cowboys and Aliens"? - Jan 14, 2010
- 'Avatar' star Zoe Saldana calls herself sci-fi geek - Dec 23, 2009
- Big surprise for Star Trek fans - Apr 08, 2009
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- Jeremy Renner will act in 'Mission Impossible 4' - Aug 28, 2010
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
Tags: alex kurtzman, contactmusic, damon lindelof, global release, hollywood producers, hubris, instalment, j j abrams, london march, new star trek movie, paramount pictures, roberto orci, sci fi, screenwriters, sequel, serial tv, star trek, star trek franchise, star trek nemesis, tv drama