‘Paramathma’ a fresh delight (Kannada Film Review)October 8th, 2011 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “Paramathma”; Producer: Jayanna Bhogeendra; Direction: Yogaraj Bhat; Music: Haari Krishna; Cast: Puneet Raj Kumar, Aindrita Ray, Deepa Sannidhi, Anant Nag, Rangayana Raghu, Avinash, Ramya Barne and others; Rating: ***
“Paramathma” certainly stands up to the hype built around it before its release. The film directed by eminent Kannada filmmaker Yogaraj Bhat with versatile actor Puneet Raj Kumar in the lead is an out-of-box film which is quite different from their previous films.
One can easily spot the trademark style of Bhat’s direction in the earthy dialogues and foot tapping music of the film, along with twisty climax which is the highlight of the film.
The romantic love story revolves around Param (Puneet) who takes up various jobs like that of a share broker to a Kung Fu expert, but is unable to find peace of mind. Then he joins post-graduation course and it is where Sanvi (Aindrita) falls in love with him. But Param accidentally meets Deepa (Deepa Sannidhi) in a theatre and instantly falls for her.
Then his chase begins and he follows her to many places, including her own native place of Theerthahalli. But, the story takes a twist when Deepa rejects his marriage proposal. What happens later forms the rest of the story.
Puneet perfectly fits into the role of Param and carries it well with a lot of dignity. Among the female lead, it is Aindrita who walks away with the cake, but debutant Deepa doesn’t disappoint either. She has emoted well through her eyes and expressions. Anant Nag too has excelled in father’s role.
Coming to the flip side, the first half-an-hour of the film is really dragging, but picks up later. Then again it drags for sometime in the second half. But thanks to the gripping climax, everything is forgotten in the last half-an-hour. There are glimpses of Manoj Night Shyamalan’s “Sixth Sense” in the sequences leading to the climax.
Watch “Paramathma” for its classic style of narration and good packaging.
- 'Janoo' - weak, but worth one time watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 02, 2012
- Puneet Raj Kumar: Next Project ‘Paramathma’ To Be With Yogaraj Bhatt - Jan 29, 2011
- 'Sarathi'- a sure shot winner (Kannada Movie Review) - Oct 01, 2011
- Kannada film industry looks up: Success ratio up (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2011
- 'Pancharangi' an enjoyable family entertainer (Kannada Film Review) - Sep 04, 2010
- 'Gowri Putra' - an average affair (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 28, 2012
- Puneet sings again - Nov 27, 2009
- 'Naanalla' - engaging tale with fine performances (Kannada Film Review) - Oct 22, 2011
- Audiences appreciate Manasaare - Sep 29, 2009
- 'Johny Mera Naam...' lacks punch (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 05, 2011
- Amoolya steals the show in 'Premism' (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 02, 2010
- 'Yogaraj, But' entertaining and thought provoking (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 24, 2011
- 'Dashamukha' - a different affair (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 14, 2012
- 'Jackie' is a fast-paced entertainer (Kannada Movie Review) - Oct 16, 2010
- 'Manasaare' - fresh content, great visuals, lilting music(Kannada Film Review) - Sep 26, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,