Pammie voices against seal hunting in ParisFebruary 16th, 2008 - 6:24 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Feb 16 (ANI): In a bid to protest against seal hunting in Paris, Pamela Anderson will deliver a letter from animal rights campaigner Brigitte Bardot to the Canadian ambassador.
The former Baywatch star was in the French capital on Valentine’s Day to perform a series of burlesque strip shows at the famous Le Crazy Horse club.
The 40-year-old used the opportunity to promote the protection of baby seals and to ask Canada to help prevent seal hunting in the Arctic region.
“It (seal hunting) sickens me not just as a Canadian but as a human being,” Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.
Anderson also called on the fashion industry to stop using animal pelts.
“The hunt was dead for 20 years, and has been revived, not to honour local customs or conserve cod stocks, but because new markets for fur have opened up in Russia and China,” she added. (ANI)
- Pamela Anderson promotes ban on seal fur - Apr 22, 2012
- Pamela Anderson invites China to join seal campaign - Apr 13, 2011
- Pamela Anderson urges Danish queen to avoid fur - Jul 29, 2011
- Pamela urges Indians to avoid leather products - Nov 18, 2010
- Will Pamela Anderson's sex appeal help pass anti-fur law in Israel? - Nov 08, 2010
- Pammi wants Israel's ultra-orthodox men to go topless! - Nov 08, 2010
- Carmen Electra goes topless for burlesque show in LA - Jul 10, 2009
- Pammie's latest PETA ad too racy for Hong Kong airport - Dec 30, 2010
- Pammie joins anti-seal hunt campaign - Oct 24, 2009
- Pamela Anderson named PETA's person of the year - Jan 01, 2011
- Pammie writes letter to Canada PM requesting annual seal hunt ban - Mar 01, 2010
- Anderson vows never to strip again - Sep 23, 2010
- Janet Jackson Poses For Blackglama & Fuels Fur Controversy - Jul 31, 2010
- Pamela Anderson is PETA's Person of the Year - Jan 01, 2011
- Joss Stone strips for PETA campaign - Apr 12, 2010
Tags: animal pelts, animal rights, arctic region, baby seals, baywatch, baywatch star, brigitte bardot, campaigner, canadian ambassador, cod stocks, crazy horse club, fashion industry, former baywatch, french capital, fur, honour, hunting, local customs, pamela anderson, valentine s day