Pamela boosts ‘Bigg Boss 4′ TRPsNovember 18th, 2010 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 18 (IANS) Former “Baywatch” star Pamela Anderson’s hyped entry, coupled with a heated argument between contestants Dolly Bindra and Sameer Soni, has generated maximum Television Rating Points (TRPs) for Colors’ reality show “Bigg Boss 4″.
The episode featuring the two sensational developments was showcased Wednesday, and ended up generating a rating of 4.8, according to data provided by overnight television viewership tracker Audience Measurement and Analytics (aMap).
This is the highest TRP for the show - beating even its 3.6 rating for the launch episode, as well as the 4.4 rating garnered by the Sara Khan-Ali Merchant wedding episode.
Anderson, popular for her sex appeal, is on the show for three days. She looked sensational in a white sari with a provocative blouse and teamed it with jhumkas, bangles and bindi to add an Indian touch.
The 43-year-old caused a lot of excitement for Hrishant Goswami and Ashmit Patel. She greeted everyone with a “Namaste”.
Before her entry, a lot of drama had already happened on the show. Sameer and Dolly, who have now been evicted from the show, were on the verge of a physical fight owing to a verbal fight between Dolly and Shweta Tiwari.
“Bigg Boss” is currently under the scanner of the ministry of information and broadcasting (I&B) for its adult content. The ministry Wednesday directed Colors and Imagine TV channels to change the broadcast timings of their shows - “Bigg Boss” and “Rakhi Ka Insaaf” - to a late night slot following complaints of vulgarity.
Colors moved the court against the order issued by I&B and the Bombay High Court Thursday stayed till Monday the central government order directing the channel to change the broadcast timings of “Bigg Boss”.
- Pamela goes desi with bangles, bindi, sari for 'Bigg Boss 4' - Nov 17, 2010
- 'Bigg Boss 4' under ministry scanner (Roundup) - Nov 17, 2010
- Pamela sunbathes with Ashmit on 'Bigg Boss 4' - Nov 19, 2010
- Dolly Bindra re-enters 'Bigg Boss 4' - Nov 27, 2010
- Pamela Anderson enters 'Bigg Boss 4' Wednesday - Nov 15, 2010
- 'Bigg Boss' orders Dolly, Sameer to leave show - Nov 17, 2010
- TV actors hail ministry's decision on 'Bigg Boss' - Nov 17, 2010
- Amitabh's 'KBC 2010' beats all in TRP race - Oct 12, 2010
- 'Bigg Boss', 'Rakhi Ka Insaaf' can only air after 11 pm: Ministry - Nov 17, 2010
- Pamela Anderson to enter 'Bigg Boss 4' next week? - Nov 13, 2010
- Viewers shift to 'Bigg Boss 4' from CWG opener - Oct 04, 2010
- Who Will Catch Pamela Anderson's Eye In Bigg Boss House? - Nov 16, 2010
- 'Bigg Boss 4' And "Rakhi Ka Insaaf' Faces I & B Ministry Order - Nov 19, 2010
- Court gives 'Bigg Boss' reprieve till Monday - Nov 18, 2010
- 'Rakhi Ka Insaaf' will now be telecast at 11 p.m. - Nov 19, 2010
Tags: adult content, ashmit patel, audience measurement, baywatch star, bigg boss, bombay high court, dolly bindra, hrishant goswami, insaaf, launch, ministry of information, namaste, night slot, pamela anderson, physical fight, sameer soni, shweta tiwari, star pamela anderson, television viewership, wedding episode