Pamela Anderson urges Danish queen to avoid furJuly 29th, 2011 - 12:27 am ICT by IANS
London, July 28 (IANS) Former “Baywatch” actress Pamela Anderson, a well-known animal rights activist, has written a letter to Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, urging her not to use fur in her wardrobe.
The note was penned by the star on behalf of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), reports contactmusic.com.
“During my visit (to Denmark), I learned that the royal family gets its fur from a ‘trusted source’. May I ask, who is the supplier?” the 44-year-old wrote.
“Undercover investigations into fur farms have shown cruelty to animals across the board, from Denmark to the US. Most fur comes from China, where animals - including dogs and cats - are bludgeoned and even skinned alive for their fur. I hope that your future outfits won’t involve the death of animals, especially for ceremonial garments,” she wrote.
- Pamela Anderson named PETA's person of the year - Jan 01, 2011
- Pamela Anderson is PETA's Person of the Year - Jan 01, 2011
- Pamela urges Indians to avoid leather products - Nov 18, 2010
- Will Pamela Anderson's sex appeal help pass anti-fur law in Israel? - Nov 08, 2010
- PETA 'might face lawsuit over naked models ad' - Oct 25, 2010
- Stop killing chickens, Madhavan urges KFC (Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Pamela Anderson promotes ban on seal fur - Apr 22, 2012
- Pamela Anderson Faces The Heat From Hong Kong Airport - Dec 29, 2010
- Pammi wants Israel's ultra-orthodox men to go topless! - Nov 08, 2010
- Retire aging monkeys, Pamela Anderson urges AIIMS - Feb 19, 2011
- PETA is unhappy with Mario as he wears a Tanooki suit - Nov 16, 2011
- Pamela adopts 'desi' homeless puppy (With image) - May 04, 2012
- PETA director Pammie to save dogs affected by oil spill - Jul 31, 2010
- R Madhavan Is Sweeping The PETA Poll - Dec 09, 2010
- Pammie spreads Christmas cheer by visiting UK charities - Dec 31, 2010
Tags: actress, animal rights activist, baywatch, ceremonial garments, china, cruelty to animals, danish queen, denmark, dogs and cats, ethical treatment of animals, fur farms, london, margrethe ii, pamela anderson, people for the ethical treatment of animals, queen margrethe ii, royal family, treatment of animals, undercover investigations, wardrobe