Paltrow slams media for criticism of her health and lifestyle websiteFebruary 27th, 2009 - 3:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 27 (ANI): American actress Gwyneth Paltrow has dismissed criticism of her health and lifestyle website as the medias way of not understanding it.
Paltrow has been giving out advice on topics like diet and exercise on Goop.com, which also features a weekly newsletter, but she has now come under attack from the press for her articles.
Why is it called Goop? Perhaps Any Old Load of Rubbish and Learn From Me, Ungrateful Peasant were both taken, the Daily Express quoted a Canadian newspaper as saying.
But the Iron Man star has refused to let the comments have any effect on her, and she insists that the advices she has been sharing have been passed on to her by others.
I think the people who are criticising it (the website) or criticising the idea of it, don”t really get it, because if they did, they would like it, she said.
There’’s nothing incendiary about it. I find it really interesting because it’’s a harmless newsletter that goes out each week. I give advice because I felt like I had a lot of really useful information that I was privileged enough to get, because I have this amazing, super, fortunate life.
My friends call me all the time to say, Where should I go? or What should I do? And I thought, you know, maybe some other people would be interested in it as well, so I started it, and it’’s doing great.
I think that people like people to stay in their box - they like people to stay how they are comfortable seeing them, she added. (ANI)
- Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't care if people are mean to her about Goop - Feb 01, 2011
- Paltrow launches T-shirt, denim collection - Jul 09, 2012
- Cameron Diaz pens down nutrition book - Jun 13, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow joins Twitter - Jun 02, 2011
- Paltrow gets greenfield to edit newsletter - May 20, 2012
- Cheryl Cole strikes up strong friendship with Gwyneth Paltrow - Mar 20, 2011
- Gwyneth grows salvia in her garden - May 12, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow offers advice on how to dress your kids - Feb 18, 2011
- Busy Gwyneth Paltrow exercises in the shower! - Jan 15, 2011
- Trainer kicked my sagging ass into shape, says Gwyneth Paltrow - Feb 19, 2010
- Paltrow offers hangover cures - Dec 30, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow unveils her 'Guide to London' - Apr 02, 2009
- Victoria Beckham turns writer for pal! - May 11, 2010
- Paltrow obsession for bees - Mar 16, 2012
- Courteney Cox helms beauty blog - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: actress gwyneth paltrow, advices, american actress, daily express, diet, exercise, fortunate life, gwyneth paltrow, Health Science, iron man, lifestyle website, london feb, man star, peasant, rubbish, weekly newsletter