Paltrow offers hangover curesDecember 30th, 2011 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 30 (IANS) It is party time and actress Gwyneth Paltrow took to her blog to dole out hangover cures to help her friends get up in the New Year without a headache.
In the newsletter on her blog Goop.com, the actress has listed a series of classic and modern techniques to overcome a night of heavy drinking, stating: “Here is our best to help you prepare for the day after.”
The newsletter features Dr. Frank Lipman’s explanation of what exactly causes a hangover and remedies from around the world, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“We went to Boots, one of the main pharmacies here in London, and the pharmacist recommended Alka Seltzer, which is Aspirin-based, and Resolve, which is Paracetamol-based (if you have asthma, stick with Resolve) to settle your stomach and get rid of that headache. He also recommended Milk Thistle capsules (also available as drops), which you should take before drinking to prepare your liver for a heavy night,” Paltrow, 39, added.
- Paltrow gets greenfield to edit newsletter - May 20, 2012
- Paltrow launches T-shirt, denim collection - Jul 09, 2012
- Research on rats confirms that coffee & aspirin are the best hangover cures - Jan 21, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow suggests "investing" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 06, 2009
- Courteney Cox helms beauty blog - Jul 13, 2011
- Cox gives advice to deal with dry skin - Jul 29, 2011
- Gwyneth grows salvia in her garden - May 12, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't care if people are mean to her about Goop - Feb 01, 2011
- Coffee, aspirin best antidote to hangover - Jan 18, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow suggests "SIN-amon Rolls" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 31, 2009
- o "nourish the inner aspect", Gwyneth Paltrow okays Morocco hotel where suite can cost $8116 - Dec 21, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow prescribes dirty martini, other cocktails to "nourish the inner aspect" - Jan 01, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow offers advice on how to dress your kids - Feb 18, 2011
- Coffee and Aspirin is "Best Hangover Cure" in Rats - Jan 21, 2011
- Paltrow's tips for summer looks - May 19, 2011
Tags: actress gwyneth, alka seltzer, aspirin, asthma, boots, dr frank, femalefirst, frank lipman, gwyneth paltrow, hangover cures, headache, liver, london, milk thistle, new year, party time, pharmacies, pharmacist, resolve, stomach