Paltrow happy to sacrifice career for familySeptember 19th, 2012 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 19 (IANS) Oscar-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow says she is happy to take up smaller roles in films as it will help her in being a good wife and mother.
She has scaled back the number of movies she does after becoming mother to her first child, daughter Apple, in 2004.
Paltrow wants to to spend as little time away from her family as possible and she had no problem giving up her hectic work schedule to ensure she was the best wife to her rocker husband Chris Martin and the number one mother for her two kids, reports contactmusic.com.
“When I started out acting, I was connected with the artist in me, but at some point, I got out of touch with why I was acting. Then my father died (in 2002), and I took time off to reassess and be with my kids,” contactmusic.com quoted Paltrow as saying.
Paltrow also has a son named Moses, 6.
“I haven’t starred in a movie since I was pregnant with my daughter. I can’t be away from home that long. I look for an interesting supporting part I can do about once a year.
“That’s the most I can manage. Some women can do it and that’s fantastic, but I can’t. You make choices as a wife and mother, don’t you? You can’t have it all,” said the 39-year-old.
However, Paltrow may be returning to the spotlight as a leading lady sooner than she expected.
She was recently reported to be in talks to star in a new movie based on the memoir of top New York chef Gabrielle Hamilton in “Blood, Bones & Butter”.
- Germs good for my kids: Gwyneth Paltrow - Sep 12, 2012
- Paltrow puts off theatre ambitions for kids - May 10, 2011
- Paltrow enjoying quality time with family - Jun 25, 2011
- Beyonce feels blessed with Gwyneth's support - Nov 14, 2011
- Paltrow honoured with star at Walk of Fame - Dec 14, 2010
- Paltrow's family learns French for fun - Apr 06, 2012
- Paltrow feels proud on receiving Walk of Fame (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow often cries working away from children - Apr 28, 2010
- 'Country Strong' leaves Paltrow with bulging problem - Apr 04, 2011
- 'Country Strong' is the best job I've ever done: Gwyenth - Mar 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,