Paltrow and Knightley to model Comic Relief T-shirts by Stella McCartneyFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 3 (ANI): English fashion designer Stella McCartney has roped in actresses Gwyneth Paltrow and Keira Knightley to model her Comic Relief T-shirts.
McCartney, 37, designed a range of limited edition T-shirts for Comic Relief, featuring unique photographs taken by her late mother, Linda, with one of them sporting an image of her father, Paul McCartney, and his band mates.
Another T-shirt had Morecambe and Wise, the comic duo, captured by David Bailey, the veteran photographer, and all the photos had a slight alteration made their subjects were given red noses.
The fashion designer had a number of celebrities and friends at the event, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Keira Knightley, Claudia Schiffer and Sam Taylor-Wood, who were photographed by her sister, Mary McCartney, wearing the T-shirts.
The T-shirts, which will go on sale on February 9 at 214 TK Maxx stores nationwide, have been priced from 5.99 pounds for babies and children, and 9.99 pounds for adults.
Profits from the sale will go to Comic Relief ahead of Red Nose Day on March 13.
It’’s a real honour to be involved in such a tremendous cause and be a part of the Red Nose Day campaign 2009, the Telegraph quoted McCartney as saying.
The designs of the T-shirts were inspired by iconic images of iconic people by iconic photographers and adding an element of humour to them, she added. (ANI)
- Gwyneth Paltrow flashes bra at Fashion's Night Out - Sep 10, 2010
- Lara Stone gets Marilyn Monroe makeover for Comic Relief ad - Feb 03, 2011
- Paltrow launches T-shirt, denim collection - Jul 09, 2012
- Hollywood Fashion Blunders Of 2010 - Dec 27, 2010
- Actress Carey Mulligan best dressed woman of the year - Nov 05, 2010
- Stella McCartney opens her first Adidas store - May 30, 2012
- Stella McCartney designs 2012 Olympics gear - Sep 22, 2010
- Rihanna to work with Stella McCartney ? - Sep 03, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow is the new face of Coach - Apr 26, 2011
- Linda was an inspiration to female photographers, says Sir Paul McCartney - Apr 19, 2011
- Penelope Cruz backs cancer charity - Jul 21, 2012
- Guess who all made it to 2010's fashion faux pas list? - Dec 27, 2010
- McCartney launches vegetarian cookery book - Mar 27, 2012
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Lingerie is foundation of woman's wardrobe: McCartney - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: band mates, claudia schiffer, comic duo, comic relief, david bailey, designer stella, english fashion, fashion designer, gwyneth paltrow, keira knightley, london feb, mary mccartney, mother linda, red nose day, red noses, sam taylor wood, sister mary, stella mccartney, tk maxx stores, veteran photographer