Pakistan’s ‘Aishwarya Rai’ shooting film in MalaysiaJune 8th, 2009 - 12:25 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, June 8 (IANS) Often compared to Bollywood star Aishwarya Rai because of her striking beauty, Reema Khan, a big name in Pakistan’s film industry, is shooting her second film in Malaysia.
In this movie, she is emulating another Bollywood star, Shah Rukh Khan.
Reema has performed on stage with Bollywood megastars, SRK and Preity Zinta and has often matched their steps but says she has turned down countless offers to act in Bollywood movies.
“I can’t do kissing scenes or wear a short skirt or a bikini. I’m a Muslim first, and my religion and culture do not allow me to do so.
“If I had taken up the offers I might have got more exposure, but it’s not how I want to be known.”
With 200 film roles in her kitty since 1993, Reema is also an acknowledged film producer and director. The 29-year-old is the face of international brands like Lux, Colgate and Pepsi.
Her first feature film as producer-director, Koi Tujh Sa Kahan (No one is like you), was shot in Malaysia in 2005. It was the most successful film that year and went on to win Best Film at the Lux Style Awards 2006.
She also took home the best director and best actress trophies.
Reema is here till end-June to direct her second feature film, entitled Kitni Haseen Hai Zindagi (Life Is So Beautiful).
A romance, it has a full Pakistani cast with Reema playing the lead alongside popular Pakistani actor Muammar Rana. Shooting locations include Putrajaya, Langkawi, Malacca and Cameron Highlands.
Reema said she was captivated by the beauty of Malaysia when she first came here in 2003 for a commercial shoot.
“I feel very comfortable and I have a sense of belonging here. But it’s not just the beauty, it is the warmth of the people that makes me want to come back,” she said, adding that she considered Malaysia her second home.
- Pakistani actress marries US surgeon - Nov 17, 2011
- Lara won't return to a film set soon (Movie Snippets) - Apr 26, 2012
- Shah Rukh Khan reaches Malaysia to film 'Don' sequel - Feb 14, 2011
- Shah Rukh Khan in Malaysia to film 'Don' sequel - Feb 14, 2011
- Amir to start shooting next February - Nov 05, 2010
- Genilia wants to shed bubbly girl image - Sep 26, 2011
- Reema Khan is Pakistan's Aishwarya Rai - Jun 07, 2009
- Reema thanks Vidya for her success, making curves trendy - Jul 09, 2012
- Joy Mukherjee: Bengali babu who charmed with boyish looks (Obituary) - Mar 09, 2012
- Bollywood's popular 'mommy' Reema likes all her sons - Nov 28, 2010
- It was 'Love in Simla' for 'Shagird' Joy Mukherjee (Filmography) - Mar 09, 2012
- Fan spends $3,300 to meet Shah Rukh Khan - Feb 17, 2011
- I'm nervous about 'Murder 2': Jacqueline - Jan 27, 2011
- I was almost ready to leave Bollywood: Jacqueline Fernandez - Dec 31, 2011
- Genelia turns mentor, says 'The Chosen One' different - May 30, 2012
Tags: aishwarya rai, best actress, best director, cameron highlands, film producer, film roles, first feature film, hai zindagi, international brands, kahan, lux style awards 2006, malacca, muammar rana, preity zinta, reema khan, religion and culture, shah rukh khan, short skirt, srk, striking beauty