Pakistani designers give thumbs-up to Bridal AsiaNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:28 am ICT by admin
Specially designed Pakistani salwars with diverse cut-works and regional embroideries are the most sought after items on the buyers’ list.
According to Sahar, India itself is a great experience and Bridal Asia has spiced up their visit.
“It’s a very talked about event…Bridal Asia is very professionally managed. The experience of being at Bridal Asia is worth everything. Further, when I walked in… the influx of customers was just phenomenal and within the first three hours, I had sold out a large part of the collection,” said Sahar.
The sentiment was echoed by other designers as well, as they raved over the excellent response that their collections generated amongst Indian customers.
Embroidered fabrics from Pakistani designer-retail chain Bareeze attracted a sizeable number of customers.
The sheer georgettes, chiffons, cottons and silks adorned with exquisite embroidery wove a magic spell over customers making a beeline for the enchanting collection.
“The response is very good. We were not expecting this response, but it was very good. It’s going very well. There are so many people, they just like the fabrics and our garments,” said Raza Rehman, Pakistani Designer-cum-merchandiser of the Retail Chain- ‘Bareeze’.
According to Pakistani designers, the exclusive range of their collections make them stand out as opposed to the attires displayed by domestic designers. The short span of their stay in the country too is a factor.
The three-day event showcases collections of more than 82 designers across the continent. (ANI)
- Jaya Rathore explores heritage weaves for bridal line (With images) - Aug 18, 2011
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Pakistani textile brand to open 200 stores in India - Apr 14, 2012
- Kapil And Monika To Showcase Bridal Collection At 'Wedding Asia' - Jul 28, 2010
- Prachi shines at Neeta Lulla's show - Aug 20, 2011
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Kajol blows kisses to sister Tanisha at LFW - Mar 05, 2012
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- Bridal Asia 2011 to start Sep 30 - Jul 10, 2011
- Delhi to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 04, 2012
- A grandeur opening by Varun Bahl for DCW - Aug 09, 2012
- From traditional to sexy, blouses get retro makeover - Aug 17, 2011
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Pakistani designers put traditional foot forward in India - Apr 14, 2012
- Chinese brides-to-be eye Kate's wedding gown - May 04, 2011
Tags: across the continent, asia, atif, bareeze, chiffons, collections, cottons, domestic designers, embroideries, enchanting collection, exquisite embroidery, fabrics, indian customers, magic spell, retail chain, sahar, salwars, semi formal, sizeable number, wedding couture