Pakistani band Raeth returns with new albumJuly 29th, 2010 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 29 (IANS) Pakistan’s Hindi rock band Raeth, which created quite a stir four years back with their song “Bhula do”, is back with a new album “Hum Yaadon Ke Sang”.
“We have dedicated this album to love. Through our music we want to spread the message of unity, peace and brotherhood,” Wajhi Farouqui told IANS on phone from Karachi.
“In our second album, people will notice a significant improvement in lyrics and sound. In fact we have adopted live sound for our songs this time,” he said.
“This is a usual practice by international artistes. They use live instruments for recording. We have done the same,” he added.
The album has 11 tracks and has infused flavours of reggae and rock.
“The album is quite balanced with a lot of experimentation. The sound is matured than before. Our focus has been on the serenity of eastern melody and the energy of rock music,” Farouqui revealed.
The young band, which comprises four members, is also looking forward to collaborations with the Hindi film industry.
“Bollywood is great and we are looking forward to get into it. We are hoping that with our new album we might get that opportunity,” the vocalist said.
- Pakistani band set to amp up Indian music meter - Sep 20, 2012
- Pakistan band Raeth set for Bollywood debut (With Images) - May 16, 2012
- Mother and I respect each other's music: Rocker Dhaval Mudgal - Aug 07, 2012
- 'We're not rock stars, we're musicians' - Apr 04, 2012
- Pakistani singer set for four-city India tour - Aug 20, 2010
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- Despite talent, music bands struggle to find space - Feb 14, 2012
- Bengali bands rock - and make themselves heard! - Dec 19, 2010
- A song and a story: Changing music of modern India (June 21 is World Music Day) - Jun 18, 2011
- Popular Norwegian band influenced by Indian sounds - Dec 21, 2010
- Ozomatli sings to kids in new disc - Aug 22, 2012
- Bhayanak Maut's 'Shaitan' connection - May 16, 2011
- 'Shirin Farhad...' soundtrack laced with romantic tones (IANS music review) - Aug 07, 2012
- Tuning in to tune out stress - the Bollywood way (With Images) - May 31, 2012
- INDIAN OCEAN TO GIVE AWAY THEIR NEW ALBUM FREE on 25TH JULY - Jul 17, 2010
Tags: brotherhood, film industry bollywood, hindi film industry, international artistes, karachi, lyrics, melody, new album, pakistan, peace, reggae, rock band, rock music, serenity, significant improvement, unity, vocalist