Pakistani actress Meera denies being marriedAugust 31st, 2009 - 5:19 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, August 31 (ANI): Pakistani actress Meera has denied being married to Attiqur Rehman.
Defence-A Police Station House Officer (SHO) Inspector Abid Rasheed had alleged that he had seen the marriage certificate that showed that the wedding was solemnised on September 2, 2007.
The SHO said that the marriage was registered with the local union council, and the nikah khawan in Makkah Colony also confirmed the nuptials, reports the Daily Times.
The allegation emerged after Meera’s mother shifted antique furniture belonging to Attiqur, who accused her of secretly shifting the items without his knowledge.
Attiqur also claimed being beaten by his father-in-law, mother-in-law, and their other son-in-law Raheel.
Cops were subsequently called in and five men of each party were taken into custody.
Meera, however, has slammed these claims, saying that her association with Attique was restricted to business dealings.
She further accused Attiqur of blackmailing her.
She even alleged that Attique recently attacked her house with the intention of killing her, but she was not there at the time. (ANI)
- Woman kills mother-in-law with paramour's help - Aug 18, 2012
- Meera swears on family's lives while denying marriage claims - Sep 10, 2009
- Lollywood star Meera's pre-arrest bail confirmed - Sep 27, 2009
- Tying the knot after 20 years of 'living in' - Feb 27, 2012
- Dowry harassment law misused for extortion: Court - Oct 09, 2011
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Three held for forcing woman to foetus sex test (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Woman nabbed for killing mother-in-law - Mar 17, 2012
- Woman kills mother-in-law, held - Aug 25, 2011
- Taliban kill woman accused of murdering mother-in-law in Afghanistan - Oct 17, 2010
- Man, four family members get life for wife's death - Mar 12, 2011
- Love your bahus, say telly moms-in-law - May 10, 2012
- Court marriages on the rise in Islamabad - Aug 08, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's son-in-law booked for dowry harassment - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: abid, allegation, antique furniture, business dealings, cops, five men, house officer, intention, local union, marriage, marriage certificate, mother in law, nuptials, pakistani actress meera, police station, raheel, rasheed, station house