Pakistan shells Indian positions along LoC, violates ceasefireOctober 28th, 2008 - 6:39 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 28 (ANI): Pakistani troops on Tuesday shelled Indian posts, thus violating the ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmirs Poonch District.
According to reports, Pakistani troops fired mortar shells and rocket projectile grenades and opened small arms firing on Indian posts along LoC in Sabzian area of Poonch District at around 11.45 p.m. on Monday night.
Around ten shells were intermittently fired for nearly half an hour, but these shells exploded away from the forward posts and there was no casualty on the Indian side.
Border Security Force (BSF) troops of 192 battalion guarding the border line observed calm despite provocation and did not retaliate.
Hardly a fortnight ago Pakistan had promised to stop cross-border firing to preserve the sanctity of the four-year-old ceasefire along Indo-Pak border.
On October 16, at a two-day long bi-annual meeting between Pakistan Rangers and BSF at Lahore, Pakistan Rangers Director General Lieutenant General Mohammad Yaqoob Khan promised to Additional Director General BSF U. K. Bansal that there would be no ceasefire violations henceforth, while acknowledging that there had been some violations earlier.
In the last nine months, over 132 infiltration bids have been reported from across the LoC in which 80 militants have been killed. (ANI)
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Aug 26, 2011
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Major ceasefire violation by Pak Army along LoC in Poonch - Aug 19, 2010
- Pakistan Army, Rangers fire on Indian posts on LoC, border (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistani troops again open heavy fire at Indian posts - Jan 20, 2010
- Pakistani Rangers fire at Indian posts in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani troops battle on Kashmir border - Jun 19, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire, Indian soldier injured - Jan 13, 2011
- BSF trooper killed on Kashmir border, tensions up (Lead) - Jul 07, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: border line, border security force, ceasefire violations, cross border, director general, fortnight, infiltration, jammu, lahore pakistan, lieutenant general, mortar shells, pak border, pakistan rangers, pakistani troops, poonch, projectile, provocation, sanctity, side border, yaqoob