Pak govt announces Rs 50,000 per month aid for ailing Mehdi HassanJuly 17th, 2008 - 12:50 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore , July 17 (ANI): The Pakistan Government has announced Rs 50,000 per month life time assistance to ailing Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan, and also promised jobs for his two grand children.
Announcing the aid for the legendary ghazal singer here last evening, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said that his services for the country would always be remembered, and that he has earned great name for Pakistan and the countrymen. The country was proud of him, he added.
The Prime Minister promised that he would talk to Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif for promotion of his son Sajad Mehdi from the rank of Inspector of police to the rank of DSP, reported The News.
Mehdi Hassan started his career from Radio Pakistan in early 1950s and never looked back since. He virtually ruled the film industry as playback singer from up to late 1980s. Many of his movie-based ghazals have become classics. He has huge following in the sub-continent and across the world wherever Urdu is understood or spoken.
He has been off the limelight as he has not been keeping good health for the past many years.
Prime Minister Gilani prayed for his health, and directed the Sheikh Zaid hospital authorities to provide best medical treatment to the Singer and the government will bear all the expanses. (ANI)
- Flyover, park to be dedicated to Mehdi Hassan - Apr 25, 2011
- Big B mourns ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 14, 2012
- Kashmiri artists and ghazal lovers mourn Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Bollywood remembers 'immortal' Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan: end of golden era of ghazal (Obituary) - Jun 13, 2012
- Ali Zafar prays for Mehdi Hassan's good health - Jan 16, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan - my immortal 'ghazal traash' (Tribute) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee condoles Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 13, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan battling illness - Feb 08, 2011
- Jagjit's ghazals transcended boundaries: Pakistani daily - Oct 11, 2011
- Mehdi Hassan was outstanding: Lata Mangeshkar - Jun 13, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu visit Mehdi Hassan's grave in Karachi - Jun 17, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Jagjit Singh's death mourned by political class - Oct 10, 2011
Tags: chief minister, countrymen, film industry, ghazal singer, giltime assistance, good health, hospital authorities, lahore, life time, limelight, mehdi hassan, pak govt, pakistan government, playback singer, radio pakistan, rs 50, sharif, sheikh zaid, yousuf