Paco Rabanne announces new artistic directorJune 6th, 2012 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 6 (IANS) French fashion house Paco Rabanne has announced Lydia Maurer as the new artistic director of its women’s ready-to-wear line.
Maurer has previously worked with Yves Saint Laurent and Givenchy. The 29-year-old has learnt her craft from the Studio Berçot Design School in Paris.
“It is a great honour to be taking on the artistic direction of such an emblematic house at the heart of Parisian creation,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Maurer as saying.
“Monsieur Rabanne created his clothing as a means of expressing the singularity of each woman. He invented a timeless, unique and sensual style inspired by art and architecture. This is the ongoing creative spirit that I wish to convey in my work for the House,” she added.
Maurer will present her first Spring-Summer 2013 collection in Paris in October.
- Manish Arora parts ways with Paco Rabanne - May 05, 2012
- My Paco Rabanne designs to be easily accessible: Manish Arora (Interview) - Feb 22, 2011
- Jessica Chastain new face of YSL fragrance - Jun 09, 2012
- Emily Blunt named face of Opium fragrance - Sep 22, 2011
- Focussing on global shows, but no Paco Rabanne: Manish Arora (With Image) - May 08, 2012
- Kate Moss wildly wobbly at YSL bash in Paris - Mar 11, 2011
- Indian brocade big time hit among Europeans - Oct 31, 2011
- Kate Moss to front Vogue's eyewear collection - Oct 20, 2010
- Kate Moss To Endorse Vogue Eyewear - Oct 21, 2010
- Fashion photographer Prabuddha Dasgupta dead - Aug 12, 2012
- Jean Paul Gaultier Replaced By Christophe Lemaire - Jun 11, 2010
- Indian designers: Merry time in global arena (2011 In Retrospect) (With images) - Dec 19, 2011
- Fashion icon Yves Saint Laurent dies at 71 - Jun 02, 2008
- Kate Moss to be face of Dior's new beauty campaign - Oct 30, 2010
- Jimmy Choo to work with Rob Pruitt - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: art and architecture, artistic direction, artistic director, creative spirit, fashion house, first spring, french fashion, heart, honour, london, lydia, maurer, paco rabanne, paris in october, sensual style, singularity, spring summer, yves saint laurent