Oz woman who gave cheating hubby crushed glass sandwiches avoids jailOctober 1st, 2008 - 6:08 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, October 1 (ANI): Despite admitting to having put crushed glass in her estranged husbands sandwiches, an Australian woman has avoided jail.
Lynette Margaret Quessy, 50, of Sandy Bay in Tasmania has been sentenced to a nine-month prison term suspended for three years by the Supreme Court in Hobart.
Quessy and her husband Tim Nash were separated, but still living together in October and November the previous year.
She smashed up a fluorescent light with a meat cleaver, and put the glass in Nash’’s lunch five or six times.
Nash became suspicious when he discovered glass fragments in his lunch the second time, and started keeping his sandwiches in a freezer.
It was when he found a container of crushed glass in the pantry that he went to police, The Mercury reported.
Justice Shan Tennent said that Quessy’’s police interview made it clear that her thought processes were “disorganised”.
She had told police that she wanted to hurt her husband because he had hurt her, while the court was told that the woman was concerned about her husband’’s drinking, and believed that he would get help for his other problems if she made him sick.
“Those thought processes are, to say the least, bizarre,” news.com.au quoted Justice Tennent as saying.
The court finally suspended the jail term for three years. (ANI)
- Briton gouges out girlfriend's eyes - Apr 13, 2012
- Briton jailed for life for gouging woman's eyes - May 11, 2012
- Dover Man Charged With Assaulting A Bakery Clerk - Oct 26, 2010
- Court notice on plea seeking rules for ill Tihar inmates - Aug 13, 2012
- Haren Pandya's widow seeks Advani's intervention - Aug 31, 2011
- Niecy Nash has her wedding in Malibu - May 30, 2011
- Woman survives four days in freezer - Sep 13, 2012
- Woman keeps dead baby in fridge for five years - Apr 04, 2012
- Mother and wife shower Federer with praise - Jun 04, 2011
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Banda rape - Sep 12, 2011
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Chimp Attack Victim Sad Over Friend's Death - May 27, 2010
- I was obsessed with girl: Charlize Theron - Nov 29, 2011
- Does Donatella sleep in freezer to look young? - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: australian woman, bizarre news, crushed glass, glass fragments, hobart, hubby, husband tim, jail term, meat cleaver, pantry, police interview, previous year, prison term, sandwiches, sandy bay, shan, six times, tennent, thought processes, tim nash