Oz Grammy nominees can’t believe theyre up against MadonnaDecember 27th, 2007 - 3:06 pm ICT by admin
Melbourne, Dec 27 (ANI): One of Madonnas competitors at the 50 th Grammy Awards never expected scoring a nomination and being pitted against the pop diva.
Australian producer Dean Bates from Starchild Productions, and director Reuben Field, who are nominated for Best Longform Music Video for their DVD showcasing Cuban rap music, Liberacion The Songs of the New Cuban Underground, believe that their project was literally dead and buried.
The nomination in the category pits the duo against Madonna’s Confessions tour DVD.
“You can’t believe that you’re up against someone like Madonna,” News.com.au quoted Bates, as saying.
Field said he was not expecting the nomination, because for him and Bates, the project was extremely outdated.
“As far as we knew the project vanished, fell off the face of the Earth 18 months ago. We hadn’t heard a word about how it went in the US. It was literally dead and buried,” Field said.
Chris Murphy, the ex INXS manager who shot more than 100 hours of footage in Cuba before giving it to Bates and Field to make into a film, called up the pair to give the unbelievable news.
“He called up and basically said, ‘I told you to stick with me. You know I’m hard work but now I’ve got you nominated for a Grammy’,” Field said.
Now, the duo will fly to Los Angeles in February for the award ceremony.
“We’re not expecting to win since we weren’t expecting to be nominated,” Field said. (ANI)
- 'Calle 13' win big in the Latin Grammys - Nov 11, 2011
- Hudson to pay tribute to Whitney Houston at Grammy's - Feb 12, 2012
- Madonna should quit movies, feels Furnish - Jan 18, 2012
- Music composer as important as the film hero: Salim Merchant (Interview) - Sep 04, 2011
- Adele deserved every award: Gaga - Feb 14, 2012
- Adele, Foo Fighters win big at 54th Grammy (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Priyanka walked Grammy red carpet in Gaur-Nainika gown (Lead, With Images) - Feb 13, 2012
- Priyanka wore Gauri-Nainika sari at Grammy red carpet (With Image) - Feb 13, 2012
- David Guetta's India tour: tickets sell well - Feb 11, 2012
- Reggaeton duo film documentary in Cuba - Jan 31, 2012
- Grammy Awards criticised for using artists to boost TV ratings - Feb 22, 2011
- Now 'DAM 999' in Original Score Oscar race - Dec 24, 2011
- Foo Fighters win five Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Surprised to receive the Dronacharya Award, says Fernandez - Aug 24, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias the big winner at Latin music awards - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: australian producer, award ceremony, bates, confessions tour, dean, earth 18, face of the earth, grammy awards, grammy nominees, inxs, madonna news, melbourne, music video, news com au, nomination, pop diva, rap music, reuben, starchild, unbelievable news