‘Oye Lucky…’ to be screened at New York film eventJune 4th, 2009 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 4 (IANS) Director Dibakar Banerjee’s “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!” has been selected for screening at an event in New York that celebrates Indian films.
The event, starting Friday, is called The New India. All the screenings will take place at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA).
“I’m quite happy that my film is being screened in MoMA which is one of the top four art and culture museums in the world. Also because this is the second time. ‘Khosla Ka Ghosla’ was screened there in 2007 when the event was called Rising India,” Banerjee told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
Starring Abhay Deol, Neetu Chandra and Paresh Rawal, the film was a joyous, bumpy crime caper. It revolves around a lucky thief named Lucky (Abhay) who nonchalantly enters Delhi’s well-to-do homes, picks up television sets and sound systems, and walks out in broad daylight.
Banerjee said that he wasn’t aware that his film was selected.
“I did not even know that the film had been selected, Abhay (Deol) called me and congratulated me and that’s when I got to know. It feels nice that the film is being screened among other good works,” said the director who won’t be in New York to attend the screening.
“Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!” will be screened on June 8 as well as June 13.
Other Bollywood films that will be shown are Zoya Akhtar’s “Luck By Chance”, Neeraj Pandey’s “A Wednesday” and Nandita Das’s “Firaaq”.
- 'Shanghai' to release with U/A certificate - Jun 07, 2012
- I'm happy for the entire team: National Film Awards winner - Jan 23, 2010
- Bollywood last alternative to Hollywood: Director Dibakar Banerjee (Interview) - May 26, 2012
- I've always aimed for commercial success: Dibakar (Movie Snippets) - Apr 14, 2012
- Shekhar Kapur inspired Prosenjit's look in 'Shanghai' - Apr 20, 2012
- Abhay Deol Eager To Be With Emraan And Getting Over Sonam Kapoor - Jan 19, 2011
- 'Shanghai' best film, Dibakar best director: Kashyap - Jun 01, 2012
- Dibakar Banerjee shoots extra scenes with Abhay Deol - Dec 17, 2011
- Emraan, Abhay team up for Dibakar Banerjee's 'Shanghai' - Jan 12, 2011
- "My Shanghai Is Not Going To Be Shot In China." -- Dibakar Banerjee Speaks For The First Time On His New Film. - Sep 09, 2010
- No actor should trust director blindly: Dibakar Banerjee - May 11, 2012
- 'Shanghai' to be premiered at IIFA - May 06, 2012
- Stop being elitist, focus on interior: Dibakar - Sep 20, 2011
- 'Oye Lucky!...'- a joyous, bumpy crime caper (IANS Film Review; Rating; ***) - Nov 29, 2008
- Anurag jealous of Dibakar Banerjee, says wife Kalki - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: abhay deol, art and culture, banerjee, bollywood films, broad daylight, crime caper, culture museums, film event, indian films, moma, museum of modern art, museum of modern art moma, nandita das, neetu chandra, new india, new york film, paresh rawal, second time, television sets, thief