Owen Wilson Confesses Being A PessimistMay 29th, 2010 - 4:40 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
May 29, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Actor Owen Wilson said that he is kind of pessimist and skepticism comes naturally to him. He confessed that despite the fact that he occasionally looks at things with a positive frame of mind, he generally ends up having morbid notions about them.
Wilson blamed his Irish background for the dark side of his personality. He added that he was always anxious about his future as an actor and thought about what’s going to happen to his career.
The actor, who was expelled from St. Mark’s School of Texas while he was a tenth grader for stealing his teacher’s textbook to aid him in his homework, said that he was a rebellious teenager. He said that he was a troublesome kid, who hated studies and liked to mess around. He was later sent to the New Mexico Military Institute by his parents.
Wilson, who’s also a writer, was nominated for an Oscar for the Best Original Screenplay for “The Royal Tenenbaums’, for which he collaborated with Wes Anderson. His first acting break came in 2000 with the comedy action hit Shanghai Noon, co-staring Jackie Chan. He co-starred in as many as nine films with long time friend Ben Stiller.
His much collaboration on super hit comedy films led to media making him a part of the Frat Pack, along with the likes of other comedy actors such as Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson, Jack Black, Ben Stiller and Will Ferrell.
- 'Zoolander' sequel not ready: Ben Stiller - Jul 26, 2012
- Ben Stiller pens fourth 'Fockers' movie - Dec 18, 2010
- Robert Downey Jr. may Play Wizard In New 'Oz' Prequel - Apr 22, 2010
- Will Ferrell To Guest Star In NBC's "The Office" - Jan 28, 2011
- Ben and Edie team up for The House of Blue Leaves Broadway - Oct 01, 2010
- Owen Wilson 'froze' during first shoot with De Niro - Dec 17, 2010
- Robert De Niro Speaks About His Experience On 'Little Fockers' - Dec 18, 2010
- A Film On Les Grossman, Tom Cruise's Abusive Character From Tropic Thunder - Jun 10, 2010
- Forbes names Will Ferrell 'Most Overpaid Star' again - Nov 06, 2010
- Stiller to reunite with Hill for new comedy - Jul 24, 2012
- Stiller to open schools in Haiti - Dec 13, 2011
- Zee Studio Showcases 'Meet The Parents', Airs On 20th Oct, Wednesday At 9 PM - Oct 19, 2010
- 'Zoolander' sequel will be bigger, better: Ben Stiller - Mar 14, 2011
- Ferrell Starts Off Comic Convention - Jul 23, 2010
- I'd like to do a comedy: Theroux - Aug 14, 2011
Tags: best original screenplay, comedy actors, comedy films, frat pack, irish background, long time friend, luke wilson, mexico military, new mexico military institute, nine films, noon co, owen wilson, pessimist, rebellious teenager, royal tenenbaums, shanghai noon, tenth grader, vince vaughn, wes anderson, will ferrell