Overacting easy for Boman IraniAugust 10th, 2012 - 3:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 10 (IANS) Actor Boman Irani reveals that dubbing for animation film “Delhi Safari” required a lot of exaggeration and he found it easy as as he is brilliant at “overacting”.
“We had to act out everything that you see on screen and exaggerate it for animation. Whether it is our expressions or our body movement, or whether it is our physicality or punching each other or falling and tumbling, we did everything. And overacting is something I can do very easily. So it wasn’t very difficult for me but it was quite a learning experience for all of us,” he said here Thursday at a press conference held for the movie.
The 52-year-old says acting is all about how convincingly you can lie.
“You have to believe that person (character you are playing) is you. Because acting is about lying, it’s how well you lie, how truthfully you lie and how much of that lie is the audience accepting and how much of it do you believe in,” said Boman.
“It’s a noble lie at the end of the day. If you lie nobly, then you have done a good job,” he added.
Directed by Nikhil Advani, 3D animation film “Delhi Safari” also has voiceovers by Govinda, Akshaye Khanna, Urmila Matondkar, Suniel Shetty and child artist Swini Khara.
The film is slated for an Oct 19 release.
- Vanessa, Jason give voiceover for Advani's animation movie - May 31, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt, Sachin Tendulkar come together for cause - Sep 15, 2011
- 'Munni' Rocks To Munni Badnaam - Sep 21, 2010
- Boman romances Farah in 'Shirin...' at wife's behest - Aug 22, 2012
- Farah finds acting funny! - Jan 27, 2012
- I Stepped Into Aman Varma's Shoes When He Did Not Report For My Shooting At The Eleventh Hour - Jun 11, 2010
- Bela Sehgal doesn't rule out 'Shirin Farhad...' sequel - Aug 25, 2012
- Without Shirish's support, couldn't have acted: Farah - Jun 20, 2012
- Who is SRK's confidant? (Movie Snippets) - Jun 27, 2012
- Characters are storytellers too, feels Boman Irani - Feb 23, 2012
- Good to maintain gap between similar films: Anil - Apr 23, 2012
- Bipasha wants more Indian wear (Movie Snippets) - Aug 23, 2012
- Mom-in-law upset with Farah Khan - Aug 07, 2012
- I almost fainted when Shirin's role was offered: Farah - May 31, 2012
- 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' music offers happy ride (IANS Music Review) - May 27, 2012
Tags: 3d animation, akshaye khanna, animation film, audience, boman irani, child artist, exaggeration, expressions, good job, learning experience, nikhil advani, physicality, safari, suniel shetty, swini khara, urmila matondkar