Over five mn people participate in ‘KBC 4′ auditionsSeptember 10th, 2010 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 10 (IANS) The craze for ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ is still alive and wide - over five million people participated in the first phase of auditions of “KBC 4″.
The registration process was opened Sep 1 by megastar and host Amitabh Bachchan on Sony Entertainment Television.
Already, 1,233 registrations have been shortlisted from auditions held in six cities - Lucknow, Nagpur, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai, said a Sony press statement.
The audition process is divided into two segments - classroom test followed by a personality test.
“‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ is a show for the common man. A platform that gives each Indian the prospect of making it to the hot seat,” Ajit Thakur, executive vice president and business head of Sony Entertainment Television, said.
“KBC audition is probably the biggest ‘joint entrance exam’ in India where successful registrants from across the country, from different socio-economic backgrounds will compete to get an opportunity of a lifetime - sit on the hot seat opposite India’s iconic superstar, Mr. Amitabh Bachchan and win a life changing amount,” he added.
“KBC” is based on the British show “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?”.
The first season was launched on Star Plus in 2000 with Amitabh as the host. He returned with the second season in 2005, after which superstar Shah Rukh Khan took over the baton in 2007.
The fourth season is expected to go on air Oct 11, on Bachchan’s birthday.
- Amitabh signs for two more seasons of 'KBC' - Jan 19, 2011
- 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' mock ramp to tour 22 cities (With Images) - Jul 30, 2011
- 'KBC 5' to go on air in August, Rohit Bal to design for Big B - May 05, 2011
- Five Crore Calls In Eight Days For Eight Questions Of KBC 4 - Aug 11, 2010
- Big B teams up with Shillong Chamber Choir - Sep 04, 2012
- Big B to host next season of KBC too? - Nov 12, 2010
- KBC hot seat coming to your town! - Aug 22, 2012
- 'Kaun Banega Crorepati 4' goes on air Oct 11 - Aug 03, 2010
- KBC breaks TV rating records with Rs.5 crore winner - Nov 10, 2011
- Sony on top in three metros - thanks to KBC - Aug 19, 2011
- 'KBC 6' opener gets record-breaking 6.1 rating - Sep 12, 2012
- Amitabh's wall of fans gets new addition - Sep 07, 2011
- Rs.5-crore KBC can change someone's entire life: Big B - Sep 29, 2010
- Big B happy with films earning Rs.100 crore - Aug 23, 2012
- Shahid, Sonam on KBC (Movie Snippets) - Aug 23, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad, ajit, amitabh bachchan, business head, classroom test, common man, crorepati, economic backgrounds, entrance exam, hot seat, kolkata, megastar, opportunity of a lifetime, personality test, registrants, second season, shah rukh khan, sony entertainment television, thakur, who wants to be a millionaire