“Our show is just a matrimonial system on television” : Mohnish BehlMay 25th, 2009 - 8:17 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Mohnish Behl is one among the unique list of actors who have played important roles in television as well as cinema. He has played many good and memorable roles in films as well as on television. These days Mohnish has become active and is being seen on Star Plus hosting a show called Star Vivaah. He is also doing a movie called Run. We had a candid chat with the actor about his show, movie and his experience of working in both the industries.
Q. Where were you all these days? Were you on some break?
A. I was not at all on any break. It’s just that I don’t take up much of work that is why I was not seen these days. I was very much in Mumbai, shooting and working.
Q. The show brings together the perfect pairs. Tell us something about that?
A. Its not the question of bringing together the perfect pair, it is more a show which is like a matrimonial on television. It is similar to what we have matrimonial in the newspaper.
Q. You are playing an anchor for the first time so how was your experience?
A. It’s not the first time that I am playing an anchor. I have done a game show. I am very much comfortable with anchoring. And it’s nice and interesting to meet people from different walks of life and to know about what their aspirations are in life.
Q. What do you enjoy more anchoring or acting?
A. There is no comparison. You can’t have a comparison between anchoring and acting. And for me it depends on each individual script.
Q. There used to be a show called Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai on Sony which was based on the same concept. How is this show different from that show?
A. Its not the same at all. In that show as far as I remember they used to make the individual meet each other and their family meet each other and finally end up getting their marriage done. But ours is just a matrimonial system on television. People come up with their profiles and they come and have interview with me and my co-host and that’s where we leave it. Our show is just a platform for people to present themselves with their bio data and all.
Q. How is it working with Aditi Shirwaikar your co-host?
A. She is wonderful. She is young, very enthusiastic and bubbly and it is really nice working with her.
Q. Your future plans and projects?
A. It is really difficult for an actor to comment upon their future projects and plans because an actor does whatever works comes to him. And leading actors can always decide that what they want to do and what not but when you are doing character role you have to do which ever roles comes to you. – Sampurn Media
- Kelly Ripa still looking for a new co-host - Dec 07, 2011
- As India borrows Pakistani romance, one man recasts himself - Sep 16, 2011
- We are so unaware of the 'real India': Amitabh Bachchan - Dec 07, 2011
- My religion is music: Manasi Parekh - Jul 15, 2012
- Many big heroes refused to work with me: Mumtaz (Interview Part 2) - Jul 31, 2012
- I was merely a fortunate bystander: Big B on KBC (Interview) - Jul 09, 2010
- Time for old actors to come back and take control: Mona 'Jassi' Singh (Interview) - Jan 21, 2012
- It's difficult to sustain as lead actress: Chhavi Mittal - Nov 20, 2011
- 'Savdhan India' tries to analyse crime, sensitize people (With Images) - May 02, 2012
- Nothing gets bigger than Jassi: Mona Singh (With Image) (Interview) - Mar 02, 2011
- I'm not interested in politics: Aamir Khan (Interview) - Jun 08, 2012
- I pay 40 pc of my Indian earnings as taxes: Veena Malik - Mar 20, 2011
- It's start of an American movie career for me: Jean Dujardin (Interview) - Feb 29, 2012
- I want to marry Daniel Weber over and over again: Sunny Leone - Jan 03, 2012
- Not stepping into Mohnish's shoes: Sharad Kelkar - Mar 08, 2012