Our music inspiration for youth: Kailash KherFebruary 2nd, 2012 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 2 (IANS) Composer-singer Kailash Kher, known as much for his band Kailasa’s music as much for his film songs, says his works inspire young music lovers.
“Our music is an inspiration for the youth. Our music is not just entertainment but it also has a few lessons, like love and respect. It conveys our values and roots to the youth and that is why we are so popular among them,” Kailash said at the NMIMS ‘Drishti’ fest.
“In our eight years, we have done 800 concerts across the globe and more than 400 have been in colleges,” added the singer, known for his Sufi songs like “Saiyaan” and “Teri deewani”.
“Rabba Ishq Na Hove” from “Andaaz” (2003) was his maiden Bollywood song and he later gave hits like “Rang deeni” (”Dev”), “Yun hi chala chal” (”Swades”) and “Chakde phatte” (”Khosla Ka Ghosla”).
Kailasa’s first album came out in 2006 and is named after the band.
Kailash also said live concerts leave him feeling euphoric.
“God’s spirit enters me. It’s like Shiva dancing inside me and every part of my body starts singing and dancing. May be this is why all the concerts by Kailasa (band), the music in our albums, are very different when we perform live,” Kailash added.
- Machines control over human beings astounds Kailash Kher - Feb 07, 2012
- I'm famous not only for Sufi Songs: Kailash Kher - Mar 30, 2012
- Ali Azmat sings for 'Jism 2' (Movie Snippets) - Apr 26, 2012
- Visually impaired vie to shoot Kailash Kher's music video - Aug 08, 2012
- I've mellowed after marriage, fatherhood: Kailash Kher (Interview) - Oct 05, 2010
- Big B lends voice for Kailash Kher's new album - Jan 10, 2012
- Kailash Kher goes global with third album - May 29, 2009
- Pakistan much like India, says Kailash Kher - Apr 19, 2012
- Kailash Kher sets Delhiites grooving at Rahman's concert - Aug 12, 2009
- 'Aashayein' essentially a pack of love songs (IANS Music Review) - Aug 02, 2010
- Hariharan composing for his first Hindi movie - May 11, 2011
- 'Allah Ke Banday' offers entertaining songs for all (IANS Music Review) - Oct 07, 2010
- For Salim Merchant, music is life - May 29, 2012
- Bollywood tunes in to music bands - Feb 04, 2010
- It's time to party, says Indian music industry - Apr 03, 2011
Tags: andaaz 2003, bollywood song, chal, chala, colleges, feb 2, film songs, globe, inspiration, ishq, ka, khosla ka ghosla, live concerts, love and respect, mumbai, music lovers, nmims, roots, swades, teri deewani