Other countries now aping KBC’s innovative concepts: AmitabhAugust 30th, 2012 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 30 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan says that even though the concept of “Kaun Banega Crorepati” (KBC) is inspired by the US game show “Who wants to be a millionaire”, other countries are now aping the innovative Indian version.
“Like Siddharth (Basu) said, shows similar to KBC are running in more than 80 countries. But they now ask us what are we going to do next in KBC because we will copy from you and implement in our show,” the 69-year-old said here Wednesday at a press conference held for “KBC 6″.
Amitabh further applauded the team of the Indian version of the game show for introducing new catch lines and themes every year.
“I congratulate the team for bringing something new in it each year. People are coming closer through new concepts to make the show more respectful. Like last year the slogan was ‘Koi bhi insaan chhota nahin hota’ (no person is small) and now we are saying ‘Gyaan hi aapko aapka haq dilata hai” (only knowledge gets you your right),” Amitabh said.
Talking about the new season’s tagline, Amitabh said: “I still remember, I had applied in big companies but I was rejected because I did not know the answers to the questions I was asked in the interview. So I believe, if I had knowledge at that time, I would have got that job. This I realised later.”
“I ask my children about the education they are giving to their children. While other things happen, education should not be ignored,” he added.
“Kaun Banega Crorepati 6″ kicks off Sep 7.
- Don't underestimate anyone: Big B - Jun 15, 2011
- Indians must rise above caste, creed, colour and religion: Amitabh Bachchan (Interview) - Aug 31, 2012
- KBC 2012 to be back in prime time slot - Jul 27, 2012
- Women make 50 percent of country's power: Amitabh Bachchan - Aug 30, 2012
- 'KBC 6' opener gets record-breaking 6.1 rating - Sep 12, 2012
- KBC breaks TV rating records with Rs.5 crore winner - Nov 10, 2011
- 'KBC 5' nears end, Big B emotional - Nov 11, 2011
- Big B to host next season of KBC too? - Nov 12, 2010
- 'Kaun Banega Crorepati 5' gets bigger, better - Aug 10, 2011
- Big B signs Shirish Kunder's 'Common Man' - Dec 11, 2011
- Big B happy with films earning Rs.100 crore - Aug 23, 2012
- 'KBC 5' to go on air in August, Rohit Bal to design for Big B - May 05, 2011
- Amitabh signs for two more seasons of 'KBC' - Jan 19, 2011
- 'KBC 5' ends, leaves behind poignant memories - Nov 18, 2011
- 'KBC 6' gets first crorepati in Kashmir's Manoj Raina (With Images) - Sep 08, 2012
Tags: amitabh bachchan, answers to the questions, bhi, education, game show who wants to be a millionaire, haq, innovative concepts, job, kaun banega crorepati, kbc, mumbai, slogan, tagline, who wants to be a millionaire