Osian’s Cinefan Film Festival returns in JulyMarch 24th, 2012 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 24 (IANS) The aficionados of international cinema are set for a treat this July as the popular Osian’s Cinefan Film Festival is set to return to the capital after a gap of two years.
“The Osian’s Cinefan Film Festival is coming back in the month of July,” Indu Shrikent, festival director, Osian’s Cinefan Film Festival, confirmed to IANS.
The dates of the festival are yet to be finalised, but Shrikent promises they will retain the flavour of the event.
“Asian and Arab cinema has always been our focus and this year too it will be the same. There will be environmental, animation and short film sections also,” she added.
The film fest is extensively devoted to Asian and Arab Cinema.
Its last edition was held in 2009. However, global meltdown forced the organisers to keep away from organising it any further. Osian’s Connoisseurs of Art, the organisers, was unable to finance the film festival in 2010 and 2011.
But all’s well now, says Shrikent.
“Everything seems to be in place at the moment and we’ll keep proceeding as other things are worked out,” Shrikent added.
- Osian's film fest begins with tribute to Rajesh Khanna - Jul 28, 2012
- Two awards for 'BA Pass' at Osian's film fest - Aug 05, 2012
- 11th Osian film fest boasts of changes - Oct 15, 2009
- Indian, world cinema set new trends at Osian's film fest (Review) - Aug 06, 2012
- Osian's Cinefan film fest cancelled - Jul 26, 2010
- Osian's film fest back with rare, bold films - Jul 11, 2012
- Capital to host its first 'Delhi International Film Festival' - Aug 21, 2012
- Lack of respect for intellect, creativity pained Mani: Neville Tuli - Jul 06, 2011
- Osian back with second mega auction of movie art - Jul 11, 2012
- Osian film fest shifted to October - Jun 11, 2009
- Osian film fest returns, starts July 27 - May 23, 2012
- Tenth Osian festival provides platform to aspiring filmmakers - Jul 02, 2008
- 11th Osian's-Cinefan Film Festival all set to kick of in New Delhi - Oct 15, 2009
- India's screen divas are symbols of Indian femininity: Neville Tuli (Interview)(With Image) - Jun 15, 2012
- 11th Osian film fest to put spotlight on India - Oct 06, 2009
Tags: animation, connoisseurs, festival director, film fest, film festival, flavour, gap, global meltdown, indu, international cinema, month of july, New Delhi, organisers, osian, promises, short film