Osian film fest returns, starts July 27May 23rd, 2012 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) The popular Osian’s Cinefan Film Festival is back with a new logo after a two-year hiatus. Bringing the finest films from India, Asia and Arab nations, the 10-day festival starts July 27.
Its last edition was held in 2009.
With ‘Freedom of Creative Thought & Expression’ as the main theme this time, the 12th edition of the festival will showcase an exciting and bold programme of over 200 films from more than 50 countries, said a statement.
The festival has opted for Turtle as its symbol. The change is an attempt to highlight the festival’s increased focus on environmental issues.
A new section called 7.4 has been added and dedicated to the themes of environmental issues. It will be a precursor to a Summit on Natural and Man-made Heritage.
Apart from competition sections, special platforms will be accorded to first features, animation and short films also.
- Osian's Cinefan Film Festival returns in July - Mar 24, 2012
- Capital to host its first 'Delhi International Film Festival' - Aug 21, 2012
- Osian's film fest begins with tribute to Rajesh Khanna - Jul 28, 2012
- Osian's film fest back with rare, bold films - Jul 11, 2012
- One film a year from now, says Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Aug 05, 2012
- Two awards for 'BA Pass' at Osian's film fest - Aug 05, 2012
- Osian back with second mega auction of movie art - Jul 11, 2012
- 11th Osian's-Cinefan Film Festival all set to kick of in New Delhi - Oct 15, 2009
- Aamir now owns Shammi Kapoor's jacket - Aug 01, 2012
- Make space for arthouse cinema: Kiran Rao - Jul 30, 2012
- 11th Osian film fest to put spotlight on India - Oct 06, 2009
- Mani Kaul passes away - Jul 06, 2011
- Kishoreda's last song to get new sounds for 'Jhumroo' - Aug 02, 2012
- Indian, world cinema set new trends at Osian's film fest (Review) - Aug 06, 2012
- 11th Osian film fest boasts of changes - Oct 15, 2009
Tags: amp, animation, arab nations, creative thought, environmental issues, expression, film festival, freedom, heritage, hiatus, india asia, New Delhi, platforms, precursor, short films, showcase, summit, turtle