Oscars 2010: Red Carpet Tidbits and Moments 2March 8th, 2010 - 8:02 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Los Angeles, Mar 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Monique, shined, looking beautiful in a long blue dress but said that she did not shave for the Oscar.”I did not shave my arms, I did not shave my legs,” she laughed. She thinks Oscar would like it. She said that it is not about winning for her, but that everyone hears the touching story of “Precious.” Her hair was pretty with a Gardenia, pulled back in a ponytail loop.
Lee Daniels, director of “Precious” was at the event with his beautiful 14 year old daughter. She was wearing a simple yellow-gold sleeveless dress. Steve Carell was there “with his Oscars face on” according to him. Anthony Mackie (The Hurt Locker) was in Burberry “cause I wanna do something that fits the everyday man.” He said he did not feel that Avatar deserved all of it’s acclaim because “it isn’t really acting.”
Sandra Bullock looked old Hollywood beautiful and glamorous in a dress that was made to fit her. She shined like a million bucks, simple, classy, she wore the dress, it did not wear her, as Patricia Field, fashion expert, pointed out. Her hair was sleek and straight, pulled down on the right side.
Miley Cyrus in Jenny Patten was very pretty, very age appropriate. She said she was very excited, and picked her dress because it fit her better than last year’s dress. Lenny Cravitz, with his daughter Zoe, was there for his role in “Precious.” Zoe is also an actress. Vera Farmiga said she is looking over her shoulder for George and his jokes, but so far so good. She is up for supporting actress in “Up In The Air.”
Sarah Jessica Parker had on a big, poofy Grecian dress,with a golden glow and was accompanied by her husband, Matthew Broderick. Carey Mulligan wore a Prada dress decorated with small little knife and fork designs, but said, “I have no idea what it means, I just thought it was cool.” She plans to grow her hair out. Tom Ford, the director of “A Single Man” said he was not nervous, because this is fun. Helen Mirren and Maggie Gyllenhaal looked gorgeous, and Jake Gyllenhaal was there as well, in Burberry.
Charlize Theron had a lavendar colored dress with two large rosettes over her breasts, and a long train. The placement of the rosettes drew quite a few comments. She posed with her mother. Matt Damon wore a tux, and kept patting his date, who was in a pink flowing dress, on the lower back while posing. James Cameron told of the dinner the night before, with all of the actors and actresses from the movie. His wife, Suzy, wore “Avatar Blue.” She looked very thin. James said he will not leave disappointed if they don’t win. He said it will take at least three years to make a sequel to Avatar, after he starts.
Gabourey Sibide was wearing a gorgeous dress of blue, with lots of bling, and silver trim. She looked just glamorous. You may know her as “Precious.” George Clooney, nominated for best actor in “Up In The Air,” was there with his leading lady who has been with him through the whole season. Meryl Streep looked pretty in a simple white dress. Jennifer Lopez and Marc Antony arrived; Jennifer wearing a white dress that definitely showed off her curves, with a huge bow on the side.
Helen Mirren and Christopher Plummer both seemed to be really enjoying the night. They said they were holding each other up, and helping each other up the stairs.
More later, I am going to get a break before the actual Oscars show. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed so far!
- Academy Awards 2010: Oscar Red Carpet Fashions - Mar 08, 2010
- Emma Watson wants her own style - Feb 22, 2012
- Helen Mirren shares lesbian kiss, allows to be groped on Saturday Night Live - Apr 11, 2011
- Helen Mirren terrified about royal role - Jun 10, 2012
- Zoe Saldana strips down to undies for Calvin Klein - Dec 14, 2010
- Stewart bullied for hairy legs - Jun 26, 2012
- Women make style statements with hats at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Rachel Zoe And Brad Goreski Go Separate Ways - Oct 01, 2010
- How celebs find the perfect Oscars dress - Feb 27, 2011
- Madonna upset with daughter's hair - Aug 03, 2012
- Helen Mirren based new film character on Martha Stewart - Oct 07, 2010
- Actress Carey Mulligan best dressed woman of the year - Nov 05, 2010
- I am going to have Russell Brand's underwear framed, jokes Helen Mirren - Jan 25, 2011
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Michelle Obama dons Halston to celeb-studded White House Correspondents' Dinner - May 01, 2011
Tags: carey mulligan, daughter zoe, everyday man, fashion expert, grecian dress, husband matthew, knife and fork, lee daniels, lenny cravitz, matthew broderick, miley cyrus, old hollywood, patricia field, prada dress, red carpet, sandra bullock, sarah jessica parker, steve carell, tom ford, vera farmiga